Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Recording not working on 65KS9500EU

(Topic created on: 26-08-2017 05:19 PM)
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

The scheduled recording does not work. It will do timeshift and record programs I am watching so I know the segate 1T USB drive works OK. The programs are show in the scedule and sometimes still shown there even a day later.  Samsung suggested I check the clock was correct and it is, and then said they would pass it to product support , which was over a month ago, and I have heard nothing since. Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
CNash85
Apprentice
Options

Seems like this is a common problem on the K series TVs. I've been experiencing the same thing and haven't yet found a solution.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Mine seems to be still working after a reset, disabled eco and auto tuning. 

Pemberton
Apprentice
Options
Exactly same problem here!! Totally fed up and have just advised smeone NOT to get this tv!
0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I thought I had it sussed a few months back with a reset and auto tuning off but only lasted a week. Samsung sent Martin Daws to come round but cancelled on the morning saying they did not have the part in, very annoying as I had taken the day off work. They then booked again 3 days later and changed the one box, did not work, another wasted day. Following week came again and changed the mail PCB board. Brill all was working, so thanked Samsung and started to enjoy. Two weeks later which was Tuesday just gone noticed it had not recorded Monday nights things. Tested it with recordings Tuesday day and again not working!!!!   ( 3 days off work so far) Contacted Samsung and again said they would contact me when thay have further information. Contacted Martin Daws and they said they would have to contact Samsung!!! It's a joke that Samsung can not sort this out. 

I also Checked my firmware and it is 1201 but noticed 1208.2 on Samsung support. Downloaded it and tried update but TV just saying it is already upto date. 

WARNING    I have found to my possible very exspensive cost that because I bought the TV from DA Tech (they have basically said its Samsungs problem and have now ignored my emails) through Amazon I have lost my credit consumer section 75 protection, and because I did not report it till after 120 days after purchasse I also can not get a charge back. I have made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, but with no luck. My only alternative if I do not get this TV fixed is the smaill claim courts under the Oct 2015 European Consumer Regs. Not what I want to do really! Not a Happy Customer!!!!

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

65KS9500 Problem since August 2017 still not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!

I also updated firmware to 1208.2, still will not record from the planner when on of in standby. Now had a new one box, new main board, tried 2 USB drives all over 1 ter and a powered drive, all so turning off auto tuning, factory reset and still it  will not record. The drives have been formatted by the TV and have loads of space. Will time shift and record what I am watching so they do work. I think it must be some thing with the power supply and I now thing it's time for a repacement TV, pleaseeeeeee.

Oh got told off for posting to much. Thing is, if the TV worked or was fixed I would not be here, so come on Samsung sort this out and make some of your customers happy again with their Samsung TV's!!!! and no I will keep posting because you have had plenty of time to sort this out.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options
@lat002 wrote:

Hi Paul1277,

I've just re-read your post about the USB ports and hard drives.  Samsung in the user manual for your TV state that a hard drive must be connected to the USB (HDD) port and they recommend use of a hard drive with it's own poer adapter (which I know you said you have).  I have read of other people having issues with their hard drive when connected to other USB ports so surely it's worth a try? 

I have also read that although your TV has 2 tuners, 1 is for Freesat and 1 is for Freeview.  If true this is like my TV, so depending upon what TV service you are using (viz: Freesat or Freeview) you could well be having the same problems that I wrote about in my last post.  If you are using Freeview you will likely be limited by the Freeview transmission by Multiplex.  This is nothing to do with Samsung.  If the hard disk that is connected to the TV is recording (say) BBC1 (which is transmitted from Multiplex BBCA), I can only tune the TV into another station using the BBC A multiplex (which are BBC 2 or BBC 4).

For information the list of Freeview chanels and the associated Multiplex can be found on lots of websites.  This link is one such:  http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

OK there are 3 USB ports 1 on the TV side, and 2 on the one connect. On the one connect there is a 1 amp and a 0.5 amp USB 2. The 1 amp USB has plenty of power to power a USB drive. I know this because the recording has worked in the past with a Seagate USB plugged into 1 amp port and it worked for a week after I had done a factory reset and disabled auto tuning. I had a new one connect with no luck, and they then changed the main board which worked and recorded every thing as advertised. Then 2 weeks later my last recording was on the 17/11/17 and since then it will not record either when the TV is on or in standby. Thats 3 days of work waiting for the engineers.I have also tried a mains powered USB and again no luck. Thing is it will do timeshift and will record a program I am watching.

As to your comment about tuners this TV has 2 freesat and 2 freeveiw and I do have 2 imputs from my dish for freesat.

I can not understand all the stuff about the multiplex transmissions, because if that was the case it would not have worked in the past. Also why I dissagree with you is because I have a 32inch Samsung Smart TV in another room which has worked from day 1 and still works and records evey thing I ask of it, and the same with a Samsung Freesat recorder I have that also records eveything without any problems.

I don't know if you work for Samsung but this is a list of excusses that are typical of Samsung. They are basically trying to ware us down so we give up, as some I think have. Family have other smart TV's like LG, Sony, Panasonic, and I have been told they all record as advertised and without any of this so called multiplex issues. I also updated the firmware to 1208.2 yesterday which again made no difference apart from slowing the TV down to a crawl, which is another thing to deal with.

I been resonable since August with Samsung and have a new connect and main board PCD fitted and it still will not work. I know with most people it seems to be OK so all I want now is a replacement TV that will work as advertised.

To sum up I have tried all of Samsungs advice (which was very little) 2 USB drives 1 powered USB and a stick drive, had parts of the TV repaced and yet it still does not work. I just can not understand how a company at the leading edge of TV design can not easily sort this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Samsung have facebook messaged me for my ref and my details so who knows.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Again Samsung informed me via Facebook messenger that Samsung support would contact me last Sunday. Guess what, nothing. Martin Daws the people who changed the main board to try to repair the TV also contacted Samsung tech over 2 weeks ago, and again no reply (not even to their own contracted repairers). 

Thing is I have been dealing with Hewlett Packard, over a printer my son bought me 7 months ago, that had developed a fault. I spoke to them on the help line and after spending a bit of time running through tests they accepted there was fault, and ordered a replacement for me whilst on the phone and now I have a brand new replacement printer. It was easy and freindly and very professionaly dealt with. Now that is what I call service, brill, and I will now always buy from them and will always recommend them. Well done Hewlett Packard. 

How I wish Samsung were just half as good but this has been on going since August 2017, not very good at all.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Sorry not having it. What about the Samsung TV's that do work OK , are you saying that none will be using a Seagate or Toshiba drive like I have which work in the older set but not the new. Also one drive is USB 3 and one USB 2, also they did work perfectly for a couple of weeks when the main board was changed, so no I find your explanation hard to except, or it might be to take the heat of Samsung so they can blame some one but themselves. Do you know which spec these TV's are in and as I am aware the new spec is to make all USB drives more compatible. Where your argument really falls down is in respect to recording a program I am watching and time shift and program pause which all work fine on the UE65KS9500, it just will not record from the schedule.

@paul1277 wrote:

Again Samsung informed me via Facebook messenger that Samsung support would contact me last Sunday. Guess what, nothing. Martin Daws the people who changed the main board to try to repair the TV also contacted Samsung tech over 2 weeks ago, and again no reply (not even to their own contracted repairers). 

Thing is I have been dealing with Hewlett Packard, over a printer my son bought me 7 months ago, that had developed a fault. I spoke to them on the help line and after spending a bit of time running through tests they accepted there was fault, and ordered a replacement for me whilst on the phone and now I have a brand new replacement printer. It was easy and freindly and very professionaly dealt with. Now that is what I call service, brill, and I will now always buy from them and will always recommend them. Well done Hewlett Packard. 

How I wish Samsung were just half as good but this has been on going since August 2017, not very good at all.

0 Likes