Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon Fire Stick

(Topic created on: 09-03-2017 09:43 AM)
Robtait
First Poster
Options

Cannot get Amazon Firestick to work properly on my new 49inch Samsung model Ue49k5500. Are there issues with this equipment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Libby
Apprentice
Options

Hi ChrisM, Yes, basically my own ignorance of how the tv operates! I thought I needed the Firestick to be in the tv to receive Amazon videos etc. I didn't realise I only had to sign in as I was already a subscriber via the stick. D'oh!

View solution in context

79 REPLIES 79
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Robtait,

We're not aware of any issues. 

Can you tell us a little more about the problems you're having with it? Are you receiving any error messages? Does it work well when connected to a different TV?

0 Likes
Libby
Apprentice
Options

Don't have an answer but I have just bought the same tv and keep getting the 'No Signal' message. Seems it's not registering in HDM1/2/3 at all.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Libby.

Do you have a different TV you can try the Firestick in?

Does anything else work in the HDMI ports of your UE49K5500?

0 Likes
Libby
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the problem sorted out now. Thank you for your reply, ChrisM.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem @Libby.

Could we ask what was causing the issue?

Solution
Libby
Apprentice
Options

Hi ChrisM, Yes, basically my own ignorance of how the tv operates! I thought I needed the Firestick to be in the tv to receive Amazon videos etc. I didn't realise I only had to sign in as I was already a subscriber via the stick. D'oh!

AJ737
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with a firestick and a ks8000 tv wih the one connect hdmi hub
The firestick works on my ks8500on connect hub. Very frustrating, amazon says its a samsung issue, samsung says its a amazon issue
Firehelp
Student
Options
Yes, We have tried 3 firestick a. Samsung will not recognize the stick. It will recognize the Wii plugged into the same HDMI port. It worked for a short time and then ran the latest update on the TV and it was gone again.
0 Likes
Carrrottt09
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Q7F. The box will not recognize my fire stick. Is there a step I am missing in the setup?

0 Likes