Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon Fire Stick

(Topic created on: 09-03-2017 09:43 AM)
Robtait
First Poster
Options

Cannot get Amazon Firestick to work properly on my new 49inch Samsung model Ue49k5500. Are there issues with this equipment?

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
Big_Al
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have the same issue as many, the FireTV turns on then goes black.

I've read all of the post ref to the FireTV stick working on all TV’s except my Samsung in the lounge. Like  many, Amazon and Samsung say it’s nothing they can help other than needing a new tv?!?!
ive tried factory resting both, unplugging and covering with a metal object etc etc etc And still the same black screen on our Samsung tv.

Any help would be great as it’s driving me mad! 

PS. the HDMI ports work for other devices; Consoles, Sky etc 

0 Likes
Paulie_Pablo
First Poster
Options

Thanks

0 Likes
Paulie_Pablo
First Poster
Options

Ive experienced all these issues described on my 50" Samsung 4K UHD Smart TV; MODEL. JU6500. Against my better judgement O purchased an Amazon 4K Firestick. I had the issue where the "Amazon" boot logo would come up then go to a black screen. For 2 weeks of pure frustration I attempted every remedy from this forum string, other forums, internet videos, unrelated tech advise, tech info directly from Samsung, the TV has been worked on by an authorized Samsung Tech & my years of experience as an electronic equipment technition. Nothing has worked. The TV software is up to date, but was advised to do a hard firmware update VIA USB. OK. I downloaded the latest software from Samsung to my computer, I un zip it & copy to a flash drive just as Samsung suggested. With the TV off I plugged the Flash drive in. I turn on the TV & wait 10 minutes. I proceed to MENU, SUPPORT, SOFTWARE UPDATE, UPDATE NOW. The TV immediately recognized the flash drive, then continued to look for updates. I get the same responce I've always got " there is no updates at this time". I wasn't surprised considering I just loaded the same version software VIA USB that my TV already has. At this point there is nothing more I can do. I obviously kept my $1000 USD TV that has been phenominal & toss the $40 USD 4K Fire Stick in the trash. I proceed to do what I should have done from the beginning, buy a 4K ANDROID TV / STREAMING BOX for under $50 USD.

---*** PROBLEM SOLVED*** MY SAMSUNG 4K UHD SMART TV PAIRED WITH A 4K ANDROID TV / STREAMING BOX IS BACK TO RUNNING BEYOND ITS PHENOMENAL PERFORMANCE.

--GOOD LUCK--

0 Likes
Paul1066
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue as most people with a Firestick and Samsung TV, however I found that putting the Firestick straight into the TV fixed the issue, so not sure what is wrong with the extender cable

rya
Journeyman
Options
smart very
0 Likes
TrentH23
First Poster
Options

Thanks Paul1066 - spent 2 days trying and reading hundreds of posts, then your simple suggestion of plugging in direct worked!! 

DON’T USE THE EXTENDER CABLE - PLUG IN DIRECT

0 Likes
s43
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for your tip re metal across plug. We had just given our old Samsung tv to our daughter and she was really miffed with me as her firestick did not work with it.  She thought I was winding her up when I gave her your tip but to please me she gave it a go.  Worked like a dream, thank you so much

0 Likes
Dweller001
First Poster
Options

I have a fire TV cube and nothing that I read here worked with my Samsung TV. The only thing that I found that works is that you have to change the device name to exactly this " Amazon Fire TV stick".  It had to be typed in like this for my tv to recognize the cube.   I also found like other users have said that if you have a Amazon fire tv USB stick and if you remove the extension hdmi cord and plug it directly into the back of the TV or Samsung one box it also detects it right away. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Mine was the same way. My older samsung tv that wasn't a smart TV would bring the firestick up as the home screen which I loved. Now I have to go to sources and click unknown device/hdmi 1.. which i don't understand because it should recognize the device and pop up when the TV is turned on or be on the main TV home screen as a firestick device. Did you ever find a solution? I'll try to rename the firestick. Also the TV remote will work for the firestick sometimes, other times it won't work at all and the pause or play button on the bottom of the remote DOES NOT WORK. Super annoying that I can't pause a show. I was able to add the unknown device to my home screen and move it to the front so atleast now I can immediately click unknown device from my TV home screen which helps a little but not by much. 

0 Likes
Members_N66l06A
First Poster
Options

You sir are a legend. Worked like a charm.

0 Likes