Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2018 65 Q9FN image banding issues

(Topic created on: 15-10-2018 05:22 PM)
kerbero
Explorer
Options

I have a new brand Q9FN for a week. Image quality is superb except for viewing sports such as football. I don't know if it is a problem with my unit or a model issue.

Vertical bands, specially viewing It at angle.Vertical bands, specially viewing It at angle.

In my old le46c750 image quality is better in sports and uniform colors situations.

I attached a sample photograph of my TV.  I am very dissapointed with my purchase.

Vertical bars in uniform colors.Vertical bars in uniform colors.

IMG_20180921_231453.jpg

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntS wrote:

No worries, @kerbero - we're happy to be here! And thanks for that detailed response too. :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Let us know how things are once the panel has been changed. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Pleased your sorted,  I think it also shows the importance of informing you retailer as the first point of call. 

Paul

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@kerbero  Can see you had already gone through trouble shooting, but a few of us  just wanted to check.   Glad support reacted quickly, hopefully the new panel will do the trick and you will have  a more pleasureable experience.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
kerbero
Explorer
Options

Dear friends,

finally Samsung replace the entire panel of my Q9FN. This one is much better in terms of uniformity and banding and, now, i am enjoying with my tv. 

Thank you very much for your support :).

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@kerbero wrote:

Dear friends,

finally Samsung replace the entire panel of my Q9FN. This one is much better in terms of uniformity and banding and, now, i am enjoying with my tv. 

Thank you very much for your support :).

Now you have a fixed telly that you are happy with, can you say, does it meet your expectations?

0 Likes
kerbero
Explorer
Options

Yes, image quality is superb. I completly agree with the majority of reviews which say Q9FN is one of the bests TVs Samsung ever made.

I use it for seeing cable TV, netflix, films, and Xbox one X games. In the case of gaming this TV is awesome both in terms of input lag as well as in contrast. It has a little bit of DSE, but only in few kind of content with light colors (gray, blue, White....) you can see It.

I recommend this TV, even more taking into account the Samsung repair center (at least in Spain).

Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

Hi

have a 55" q9fn here that also has appauling grey uniformity... its took me 2 days of reading on the internet to learn about this 

I spotted really bad 'clouding' when watchin football and golf (which is what i watch the most) its so bad when the camera moves to follow anything. Totally ruins the viewing experience

I found out how to do a test using online 5% grey uniformity test videos in a dark room and took some pics

You can also see it when you go to 'settings' in the tvs youtube app as that colour is mainly grey

Its a disgrace that samsung let clearly bad panels like this make it into retailers, they should be doing a product recall if all their so called flagship qled tvs are like this

My sony xf90 has none of this that can be seen, ive tested football and golf on it and see no clouding on screen whatsoever.

Ive also seem from reading up on forums the last couple of days thats samsung tvs have so many complaints, huge amounts about lots of different things

What do you you guys think of the pics of my panel here?

ThxIMG_20190511_2216325.jpg

IMG_20190511_2216147.jpg

IMG_20190511_2216126.jpg

IMG_20190511_2216014.jpg

IMG_20190511_2214483.jpg

IMG_20190511_2214483.jpg

IMG_20190511_2214190.jpg

IMG_20190511_2211547.jpg

IMG_20190511_2210369.jpg

0 Likes