Support

Open search

Samsung A40 lock screen notifications

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi

I've just got the Samsung A40 and I just can't seem to get lock screen notifications to work for Messenger. I'm having to wake phone up to check if I've had messages, is there a solution?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

you won't be able to get any notifications on the A40, Samsung have taken, always on display, off the A40. if I'd of knew this before buying the phone, I wouldn't of brought it. disgraceful.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CarloL Moderator

Hey @Cas77! Is this happening with the notifications of any app or only with the Messenger app? Also, make sure to allow notifications for the Messenger app via: Settings > Notifications > Allow notifications for Messenger. 

Hi,

I have the same issue, i.e. only with Messenger.

I set Settings > Notifications > Allow notifications for Messenger, but it didn't help.

Messenger didn't work with Glimpse Notifications either. Does lock screen notification work for Messenger at all?

Thanks!

Apprentice

you won't be able to get any notifications on the A40, Samsung have taken, always on display, off the A40. if I'd of knew this before buying the phone, I wouldn't of brought it. disgraceful.

View solution in original post

Apprentice

Wish I'd known this myself before I got it. Going through settings has been driving me crazy! Thank you for letting me know, appreciate it.

Apprentice

Hi. I've just found out the phone doesn't allow lock screen notifications for messenger despite what Samsung told me.

Apprentice
I tried everything like you. No lock screen doesn't work for messenger at all, very annoying.
Top Liked Authors