I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy A70 in what I thought was a major upgrade from my previous Moto G4. Whilst the camera, display and fingerprint reader are huge improvements, I'm finding the A70 is struggling with the basics. I've tried tinkering with loads of settings but maybe I am missing something or it is faulty?
- The vibrate is ridiculously gentle. On a desk at work, I just can't hear it at all. In my pocket, I sometimes feel it and sometimes don't. All my previous phones have had fairly loud vibrates, which I find useful as I don't like constant pings at work. There is no option that I can find to adjust vibrate intensity.
- The lock screen does not light up when I get new notifications. This also makes me more likely to miss them when coupled with the weak vibrate.
- The phone does not 'wake up' and show the screen ready when I move my hand near it or pick it up. My 3 and a half year old budget G4 did this, but my £300 A7 doesn't - it's like a black brick until I tap the screen or press the button.
- When playing Spotify, the lock screen showed album art and large back/play/forward buttons on my G4. On the A70, the lock screen is just my usual one, and although the Spotify controls are there, they are tiny and difficult to press.
- App badges in general, on the lock screen, are tiny, but I can't find a way to make them bigger.
Has anyone got similar issues or advice on how to sort anything out? I spent a lot of time researching to choose the A70 as it has a good spec and was really looking forward to a big leap from my G4, but I'm now starting to regret it if it can't do the basics right.