Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification vibration won't change

(Topic created on: 06-06-2023 04:22 PM)
glx29
First Poster
Options
I've set the notification vibration from ticktock to medium (or any of the others), yet the notification vibration is always ticktock. Mostly WhatsApp notifications and changing it in the app does nothing either. Any ideas to resolve or is this faulty hardware? I have a recently purchased A14. Thanks

Or is this kind of thing just to be expected with samsung? Just switched and not the best experience so far 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@glx29: For clarity, have you tried all the available vibration options in WhatsApp (Default, Short and Long)? 

The notification vibration patterns, while different to one another, can sound quite similar. For instance, Ticktock is two short vibrations, while Zig-zig-zig is three short vibrations. Some applications can also have a preset, default notification vibration pattern which might resemble Ticktock. If you select 'Basic' (Settings > Sounds and vibration > Notification vibration pattern > Basic), which produces a single vibration that lasts longer than it's counterparts, do you notice the change? 

0 Likes
glx29
First Poster
Options
So I've worked out this is a whatsapp specific problem. Turning all vibrations to off in the whatsapp app allows the system selected vibration settings to be heard. The catch to this is that the phone only vibrates when a message is receive when the phone is unlocked or not with a black screen. I've found a workaround to set the phone to always be unlocked when at home (smart lock) but I still won't get notifications when out and the phone is on standby. If I revert to turning vibrations on through whatsapp I will get notifications but with a vibration pattern I don't want. A minor problem maybe but still frustrating as I don't want to have to keep my phone always unlocked when out for obvious reasons nor do I want the ticktock vibration all the time. Any solutions welcomed, thanks.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@glx29: I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a solution to your issue. Regarding your lock screen notification options, please head to Settings > Lock screen > Notifications > On > Notifications to show > Alert and silent notifications. 

Now, head to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Notifications > Notification categories > Message notifications > Alert > Vibrate (On) > Lock screen (Select 'Show content' or 'Hide content').

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
glx29
First Poster
Options
Perfect it's working this has helped me out a lot, thank you.
0 Likes