Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 A70 Camera problem

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 07:06 PM)
bruhmoment337
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung A70. This morning, I had installed Android 10 on it. I was happy with it until I looked at the camera app. On the A70, you can shoot 3:4 aspect ratio photos in two modes, 12MP, and 32MP (called 3:4H). When I tried zooming in for a photo on 32MP mode. It said that it couldn't zoom in on that mode. However, on 12MP, zooming in was working perfectly. Strangely, before installing Android 10, I never experienced this problem? Did they do this on purpose?

40 REPLIES 40
fusion2005
Journeyman
Options

I have other problem,when i try to record video with resolutions on my  rear camera

FH D 1920x1080

HD 1280x720

FULL 2400x1080

My audio is out of sync after i watch video.Anyone else have this problem?

I try everything.Even did factory reset,didnt help.

0 Likes
MelikCanS
First Poster
Options

I have exactly same problem. (out of sync)

0 Likes
Chris5044
Student
Options

Samsung, can you please allow for users to be able to change the resolution in your own camera app for the a70! I wish to select my optimum level myself to be able to store more on phone. Ie showing resolution sizes 1200x1200 etc .. instead this is removed and all are using max resolution. Infuriating!

Please can you fix this! (Reason to have android is so we can alter things as best to fit our useage)

0 Likes
AlexSid
Student
Options

My phone Samsung Galaxy A70 MS-A705FN was updated from Andriod 9 to 10 UI 2.0. The build number QP1A.190711.020.A705FNXXU5BTC2.
The camera software in Android 9 had only one problem with flash. The flash can't be turned on, only auto and off modes can be selected.
The camera in Android 10 version doesn't work as in Androd 9, all images is vague even in 32MP mode, and also camera hasn't zoom in 32MP mode!!! Samsung please return old version of camera app or correct the new!!! The photos are also vague on downloaded other camera applications from Google Play. I belive that root of issue is Android 10 Samsung adaptation in camera enviroment or drivers.
The second issue is Samsung account creating notification that periodically pops up on screen, interfere and interrupt the user action. If I don't  intend to create Samsung account, I will receive messages forever!?
And additional strange behavioral of Google Translate application. The Tap to Translate icon pops up in Android 9 only when you copy words. In Android 10 version this icon always on the screen and interfere to use other applications.

Screenshot_20200601-161313_Camera.jpg.

0 Likes
Chris5044
Student
Options

My solution guys to being able to resize the photos to an acceptable level for storage is by installing the HD Camera app instead and replacing the camera that comes with the android phone, you can even set it so it replaces the camera on the lock screen. My problem has been solved!! 

It is quite easy though for the app developer for samsung / android, to implement the ability to be able to control the resolution settings in the first place and is a standard necessity. It's bizarre its not set like this. Instead people will clog up their memory super fast with these ridiculously high res photos which are not required.

So install HD Camera and you can enjoy the longevity of your storage along with still great photos!

James_Eck
Journeyman
Options
That's actually a stellar solution. Maybe I should just crop using the standard cropping tool given by Samsung. Your app might be just as good though! Alas, this is where we've come too. Btw, this is the same on A51. I tested it out. We're not alone.
Mary551
Pioneer
Options

I am having the exact same camera problem with my A50 zoom on 25mp.

I have emailed samsung and phoned them with no success and no real answers to my questions.

I also no longer have Amoled display. This seems to have gone. Have you noticed this, too?  Instead on settings/display and screen mode, the only options now are normal or vivid.

Like you I bought this phone for the camera features.  Very, very upsetting.  A major fix needs to be done on the Android stuff.

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options

I am having the exact same camera problem with my A50 zoom on 25mp.

I have emailed samsung and phoned them with no success and no real answers to my questions.

I also no longer have Amoled display. This seems to have gone. Have you noticed this, too?  Instead on settings/display and screen mode, the only options now are normal or vivid.

Like you I bought this phone for the camera features.  Very, very upsetting.  A major fix needs to be done on the Android stuff.

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
It doesn't work. Tried it loads.
0 Likes
AlexSid
Student
Options

The camera vague issue was resolved!!! The camera lens were polluted in Samsung service center at the time of button repairng 😞 The 32MP zoom problem doesn't disappear, but now I have amazing resolution and colors :smiling-face:

20200611_093535.jpg

0 Likes