Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blu Ray disks stopped playing after watching DVD

(Topic created on: 15-03-2018 12:16 PM)
welshrobbo
Student
Options

Hi,

I have the Samsung BD-J7500 and after playing a region 2 DVD it now no longer plays any blu-ray disks. I have factory reset it etc but still no joy. Any ideas on how to fix this as its extremely frustrating as its a lovely player when it plays them!

Thanks for your help,

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@welshrobbowrote:

Hi,

I have the Samsung BD-J7500 and after playing a region 2 DVD it now no longer plays any blu-ray disks. I have factory reset it etc but still no joy. Any ideas on how to fix this as its extremely frustrating as its a lovely player when it plays them!

Thanks for your help,

Hi @welshrobbo,  do you have the latest firmware  1010.1  http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/BD-J7500/XU/    If so or does not solve problem you could try another port/high speed cable.   In case of  hardware malfunction and you could  remove the power cord from its  connection point, hold the power button on the front of the device for 30 seconds and afterwards reconnect the power cord to its source. See guide for more trouble shooting ideas starting page 51.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
welshrobbo
Student
Options

Hi,

All firmware is up to date and everything works apart from playing blu rays. It occurred after playing a DVD, was fine before and for the record can still play DVDs. Just blu rays are the issue.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@welshrobbowrote:

Hi,

All firmware is up to date and everything works apart from playing blu rays. It occurred after playing a DVD, was fine before and for the record can still play DVDs. Just blu rays are the issue.

@welshrobbowrote:

Hi,

@welshrobbo oh right, you can do hard  reset by holding down  stop  button on player  for 5 seconds  or until it displays set up with no disc in machine ( though may not make difference and you have already done factory reset)  Could try adjusting some settings just to see.   Does seem to be a fault, unless anyone can suggest anything else you may need to contact Samsung support (have noticed a few having the same issue-though with different players)   Noticed Some info from this thread 3D/ Blu Ray Issue

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Kujo1982
First Poster
Options

Mine has done the same.. I have about fifteen hundred movies and Blu-rays combine. And the last for Blu-rays I've had have worked well for the first couple months until I put a DVD in. Now I have for Blu-ray players that will only play DVDs all different brands

0 Likes