Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrist watch for waking

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 10:03 AM)
1stEn
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a teenage girl of 14 years old who was born deaf. She is implanted with CI when she was 3,5 years old. Our problem with waking her up is getting bigger and bigger. Idea was to buy her a wrist watch with enough power to shake her hand when alarm starts. Do Samsung watches have enough power to wake somebody up? If not this would have a huge impact on market for deaf and those with heavy sleep. So we would be much appreciative if you were to be the first on the market with such a product. Thank you for your answer, worried mum.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
the watch does vibrate when an alarm is going off and you can set it so it gets more intense as time goes on, it certainly wakes me up in the morning, the samsung watches also monitor how you sleep so you can keep an eye on how well she is sleeping, the newest samsung watch is the galaxy watch 3, I have seen it on sale recently on the samsung site, its metal and comes with a leather band but you can get optional silicon bands which maybe better for sleeping with
0 Likes
Pd810
Voyager
Options

hello @1stEn

I own Galaxy Watch 3, and I am very satisfied with them. the watch vibrates and the vibration is quite strong when you set it to the highest level. I am using the Galaxy Watch 3 also as an alarm, and it can wake me up in the morning. as @Harveyx1 mentioned they also record sleep, and some other things (eg. stress level, blood pressure, ECG, oxygen level,...). Galaxy watch 3 is a great choice!

Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
There's plenty of alarms available for the deaf, most notibly ones with a pad that goes under the matress, that vibrates. Some also have a flashing light that can be mounted to the bed, or on the clock itself. A simple Google search will show you tons of products designed for the deaf, decades old, before you invest in an expensive watch, or anything else, look at what already exists...
1stEn
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much for your answer but I don't think my daughter of 14 needs such an expensive watch.

0 Likes
1stEn
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your answer but I don't think a teenager needs such an expensive watch.

0 Likes
1stEn
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your support but as mentioned above there is no need to buy teenager such an expensive watch. She doesn't need all those functions and it is too large for her wrist. Also to think will she scretch it or break it when playing basketball or voleyball is a bit too much for me.

0 Likes
1stEn
First Poster
Options

Thank you for you google support and yes we are aware of products on the market. All we want is a quality wrist watch with no extra functions but with a strong enough vibrating alarm that can fit children's wrist and isn't so big as watches Samsung is making now. Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
well I'm sorry to say but samsung don't really do cheap watches so you might want to look elsewhere, hope you can find what ur looking for :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
In that case i recommend the Huawei Honor Band 4 or 5. They are very slim, have a vibration alarm, and only cost around £30. I have an Honor band 4, and its even better than my 150 quid fitbit.

The honor band has a smart alarm function too, since it tracks your sleep, it can be set to wake you up only during a light stage of sleep.
The way you set this, is you set your normal alarm time, say 7am, then give it a period of time from 5 to 30minutes, and if you hit a period of light sleep during that time + or - around your set time, then it will trigger the alarm.
So if you set it to 15mins, and 7am, then if u hit a period of light sleep between 6.45am and 7.15am it will trigger, if you don't hit light sleep it will just trigger at 7.15am.
Also the battery life is way better than normal smart watches, you can get 1-2weeks depending on whether your have all the features turned on, like 24/7 heart rate monitoring.
0 Likes