Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch6 or wait for Samsung ring?

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 03:21 PM)
Jes1975
Apprentice
Options
So, I'm looking to move away from fitbit, and move more into the samsung ecosystem.

As I only want a wearable to track my health and pay for things (and an alarm) would I be better waiting for the new Samsung ring or go for the watch6? 

I am an operating theatre (room) nurse, so if I'm working I currently loop my fitbit round my bra so the sensors can still track. Theoretically I would be able to leave the ring on (as long as it can cope with the chlorhexidine I use to wash my hands). 

To be honest, I must have been under a rock because I only found out about the samsung ring today. So glad I haven't already bought the watch6, the only reason that is is because I want to see it on my wrist before I buy it. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Jes1975: The Galaxy Ring, while certainly an exciting addition in our Wearables range, is primarily focussed on fitness and wellbeing, so it won't meet all your needs if you're looking for an option with NFC payments. It has also only recently been announced, but I don't have any news about when it will hit the shelves in the UK.

It does depend on your budget, however you can't go wrong with the Galaxy Watch6 range, as it brings with it all the latest features to track your health and sync seamlessly with your other Galaxy devices. Why not take a look at our available range, and I'm certain you'll find the watch you're looking for. If you want to try before you buy, then I recommend heading to an Experience Store near you, as this might allow you try a display model on for size, and give you a better idea of how it will look and feel. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/watches/?product1=sm-r945fzsaeua&product2=sm-r965fzkaeua&product3=sm-r925...

0 Likes
Jes1975
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your reply.

I certainly could live without being able to make payments with the Galaxy ring, as I usually have my S23 ultra (or as I call it, my brain) with me.

I'm really not worried about having apps on a watch. On my fitbit I use the watch, alarms, payment, and ecg the most. Sometimes use the "relax" app, or the Starbucks app. It really is more wellness I am concerned with. One of the reasons I was considering the watch6 is the blood pressure tracking. Obviously it will never be as precise as a sphygmomanometer, but it can still give me trends.

I live in the middle of nowhere, hence why I've not been able to try a Watch6 on yet. I think my nearest Samsung store is in Bristol . However my nearest town may have some shops where I can try one on.
0 Likes
yorkie84
First Poster
Options
I would highly recommend the watch6. I purchased it at the same time as my Fold 5. The ring does look great and I'm tempted to purchase it when it's released but the watch6 can do so much more
0 Likes
the_bart123
Pathfinder
Options
Can you dig in someone's stomach with Ring on finger? Please be professional or are you butcher?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jes1975  The Galaxy Ring would not  really be a replacement for a Galaxy Watch (does not have all of the functions), rather  it would supplement it.  It has been claimed that the acuracy of certain health functions would improve  when using both devices simultaneously.   some information here https://www.russh.com/samsung-galaxy-ring/  if you only use limited functions could consider the Ring as a primary choice (though contactless payments would not be an option) but would not expect the product to be launched till around August at the Unpacked Event,  though nothing official at the moment.      In the meantime you may  wish to look into the Galaxy Watch 6  and have some hands on experience.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jes1975
Apprentice
Options
I'm working on the assumption that I'm allowed to wear one ring with no stones in it. I always wear 2 pairs of sterile gloves when I scrub.

Edited to add that my role is mostly passing and counting items that surgeons need to use during an operation.
0 Likes