Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 Classic - Connection issues

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 08:13 PM)
pault1978
Apprentice
Options

So I've bit the bullet and upgraded my watch to the watch 4 classic from the watch 3 and I'm having issues already I'm using the s21 ultra phone  , my provider (o2) have gave me another number for my watch . So here goes 

The watch looses connection to my phone quite often .
The bpm does not sync with the watch even tho it is set to monitor constantly.
The pedometer is not nor no way near correct and won't sync with my phone .
My emails and apps will not show on my watch ( notifications ) 
My watch is set to make a noise and vibrate when I do receive notifications but again this doesn't happen .
I've connected the watch via Bluetooth and WiFi so any advice or help would be appreciated 
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@pault1978: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. To begin with, can you confirm if you connected your watch to your S21 Ultra via the Galaxy Wearable app? Are you making sure to stay within Bluetooth range of your S21 Ultra to maintain the connection? Do you have the Samsung Health Monitor app installed on your phone and, if so, have you calibrated the watch with a cuff-type blood pressure manometer (for further details, check page 72 of the user manual: SM-R86X_R87X_R88X_R89X_UM_EU_Android_Eng_Rev.1.1_210820.pdf (samsung.com)). Does you step count feel too low, or too high? If you head to Settings > Notifications > Show Phone Notifications On Watch, can you set the conditions for showing your phone's notifications while wearing the watch? Also, if you head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Notification Vibration, is a vibration pattern assigned. If you check the notification settings on the Wearable app, are Emails toggled on? 

pault1978
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew
yes to connecting it to my s21 ,yes to galaxy wearable, yes I'm in range for Bluetooth, health monitor is installed and will be calibrated when I return to work (NHS) on Tuesday, the steps seem too low , I am going to measure steps tomorrow with both watches on , all toggles are on for notifications volume and vibrations on the watch are on , I've tried a full reset on my watch too , I'm at a loss , is there a possible upgrade in the works for the watch 4 , cheers
Jude63
Explorer
Options
I am having same issues with NO notifications at all to my watch. I also have a separate number for my phone but, as EE has confirmed, the numbers are paired and I have been able to make and receive calls on my watch when phone was in the house. So my S20 and watch are connected. Also the step info on my watch does show up on phone, but like you it does seem a bit off, based on what my Watch 3 would give for same amount/distance. I have checked all notification settings and they are all set to give notifications to the phone. I have reset watch, uninstall and reinstalled the wearable app, rebooted my phone and made sure that all updates are installed on watch and phone. Still nothing.
pault1978
Apprentice
Options
Hi jude ,
I think samsung are looking at it at the minute as it looks to be a major fault and it doesn't look like they have tested the system properly as it is so brand new it could take a few weeks to get a software update, I have been asked to be patient while they test upgrades, if you gobto samsung.co.uk there is a support page and if everyone tells them about their problems with the watch 4 they might hurry the upgrade , I was considering returning the watch and using my watch 3 bit I shall wait and see what happens , after 28ndsys I will be stuck with a £400 paperweight
0 Likes
Jack0202
First Poster
Options

Ik had een watch 3 maar daar waren zoveel problemen mee dat ik onder garantie mijn geld terug kreeg en vrijdag een watch 4 Classic heb gekocht.
Eén van de problemen bij de vorig doet zich echter ook bij deze watch 4 voor, t.w. bluetooth connectie.

Ik heb de watch 4 Classic geïnstalleerd en geen problemen, software update enz. maar als ik de om maar wat te noemen de bloeddruk, of ecg wil gebruiken dan lukt het kalibreren niet omdat ik de melding krijg dat ik de S20 eerst via Bluetooth moet verbinden, maar uit alles blijkt dat de twee devices via bluetooth met elkaar verbonden zijn.

Daarna alles uit de kast gehaald om e.e.a. werkend te krijgen maar zonder resultaat.
Horloge en telefoon gereset, apps op beiden verwijderd, caches daar waar kon verwijderd, afijn 4 uur bezig geweest, maar voor mij houd het hier op.

0 Likes