Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 - Battery

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 11:36 AM)
GMcD
Explorer
Options

Wow,  the battery on the new Watch4 is awful!! I've come from using another brand of smart watch that had days of battery life.  It was a much cheaper watch too.  Why is a new watch of this calibre not given decent battery time?! I'm not using anything excessive on it and I haven't even used it for exercise!! I'm having to charge every day!!!! What do others think? 🤔

9 REPLIES 9
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
It's certainly not good and is worse than my previous Gear S3 Frontier.......
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
I'm getting just under 2 days and I always charge when it reaches 15%. About the same as my previous Active2. Don't use always on display or constant heart rate monitor. Wear it overnight for sleep tracking but O2 and snore monitoring is off. Used for exercise tracking most days. The battery is not stellar but I'm happy with it.
0 Likes
Johny100
Journeyman
Options

It is shame that I can use this watch (watch 4) for one single day. Some other brands give you 7-14 days. I have tested it.

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Same. Doesn't suprise me if people have AOD, constant heart rate, O2 all night, snore etc allllll on..that battery isn't great.
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
You have to compare like for like. Does a watch that gives you 14 days do everything the watch 4 does? The more you use a watch this size battery life will always be a trade off. Samsung said from day one that you should expect 40 hours. That's about what I'm getting with average usage. If I turn AOD, constant heart rate, overnight blood oxygen and snore monitoring I will get about a day. If you want 14 days a watch4 or Apple watch is not for you
0 Likes
GMcD
Explorer
Options
I don't use AOD. I only use it as a sleep tracker and for text notifications etc. What's 02?? My previous cheaper watch had all sorts of things running and it lasted for days before needing charged!
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
O2. I mean blood oxygen
0 Likes
DaveA1
Navigator
Options
Something worth trying. First couple of days with my 4 classic battery was really poor so I did a backup, reset the watch and restored from the back up. Now getting about 2 and a half days with regular use and HR for example on constant monitoring.
GMcD
Explorer
Options
Thanks for that info. I've just done a back up and reset and will see how it goes!
0 Likes