Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch floors & steps issues

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 02:11 PM)
GrumpyUK
First Poster
Options

New Watch owner, having moved from Fitbit. A couple of issues that at least one of which I know has been mentioned before, but I was wondering if anyone has ever heard anything useful from Samsung?

1) according to Samsung for a "floor" to count I should be moving my arms as I climb about 8ft. Not moving my arms, like carrying something, will cause the count to fail. If this is the case, how come I can run up and down my stairs waving my arms like a drowning man, jump up like Rocky when I get to the top, and record 0 floors. But drive 100 miles and I've gained 25 floors, even though my arms were not moving?

2) steps erroneously being added on that same drive. On a 400 mile drive I'm having maybe 2-4000 steps being recorded. This is crazy.

BOTH of these issues wouldn't be a problem with a "driving" option somewhere on the watch. Or, here's an out there suggestion, the watch has GPS and a barometer. Surely it can tell that my speed and climb are inconsistent with human movement and disable / discount steps and floors recorded?

As a sidenote, most domestic stairs in the UK only result in about a 7ft climb. Can't we have some way to adjust what counts as a "floor" in our locale? Right now the floor count is absolutely useless as a metric.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0