Support

Open search

Calaroies estimation not correct

Highlighted
Observer

Just bought the Galaxy watch and was very disappointed to see the Calaroies burned section. I had taken absolute no action and it showed Calaroies burned as 1017. I'm sure this bug is being looked at. But quite disappointing after having a good experience with the S3 Gear. Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Apprentice
I think it's giving you an estimate for the day so far based on your height and weight. Mine's at 446 having just woken up, which sounds about right with a quarter of the day gone while I was asleep!
Highlighted

Thanks for the clarification. Was just taken a back by the Est Calaroies. It was on charge and once I wore it it showed 1017 Kcal, with 183cm and 96 weight. Will see how it progresses while doing actual activity. 

Highlighted

@GalaxyW12 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Was just taken a back by the Est Calaroies. It was on charge and once I wore it it showed 1017 Kcal, with 183cm and 96 weight. Will see how it progresses while doing actual activity. 

Highlighted

Hello, I've just joined as I think my Galxy Fit is underestimating calories  .I'm  averaging 13,000 steps a day ,including a brisk treadmill walk every morning yet the most calories I've ever burned is 1400 ! It's  not a great deal less when I haven't moved around much ! I'm  quite petite ,48kg and 152 cm tall and have entered these details..Could this be the reason?

Highlighted
Overseer
the calories burned is awful too, it told me I burned over 1500 calories with 2000 footsteps which is impossible, you would have to do near 40000 footsteps to get this result
Highlighted
On the contrary when I installed Samsung Health on the phone, it shows 1,371 Calaroies burned, *from activity 21Kcal* the only activity was 0.28Km walk. So I guess, a work around is to get the correct Calaroies count via linking Samsung Health on the phone.
Highlighted

Di you mean add weight, height etc on Samsung Health? I've  done that and according to it I'm  hardly burning anything! I might as well become a couch potato!

Highlighted
Something isn't quite right somewhere!
Top Liked Authors