Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch face loss after upgrading to S21

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 12:31 PM)
Wiggle
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have seen some similar threads on this but no answer appears to have been given. I've just updated my phone from the S20 to the S21. Had to back up and delete my data on my watch in order to transfer it, and only two of my watch faces have been transferred not four.

I have visited the store and it looks like the store owner has set up a new store, of which the two missing watch faces are not a part of. I can't download them as they are not listed on any of my accounts, but they are in my receipts section.

Is there anyway to get them on the watch or not? If not, how do I go about getting a refund or contacting the store owner? Surely I should still have access to them, even if they aren't selling them anymore?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
if you have set your phone up so that Samsung Cloud backs up a copy, you should get them back by resyncing to it.
Wiggle
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I've backed up all of the Watch, including watch faces. Two have come over, the other two haven't. Presumably because they no longer exist on the seller's shop.

Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
do you also back up with Smart Switch? if so, there's chance that they are retrievable from there.
Wiggle
Apprentice
Options

They aren't there either. It's very odd. If I use my old phone to locate the two missing faces in the galaxy store app on my S20, I can find them no problem and have the option to apply them to the watch (which of course I can't as it's no longer connected). On my new S21, they are not in the store in the seller's shop, not listed in the wearables app and not in my galaxy store app either (only as receipts).

As stated, the seller has set up a new store where the faces don't exist. But it just is very strange that on one phone, the old store is available, and on the new phone is doesn't exist, and I don't understand why half my watch faces transferred and half did not.

Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I'd try connecting both phones together, bypassing a pc/cloud backup. follow the steps for transferring using the phone's inbuilt smart switch app. After that, I'd suggest contacting the store.
Members_tIou7Is
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and would be interested if you get a solution.

Update - I got an answer from Samsung helpline as all sync options I tried would not work. After giving the details of the watch face not transferred I was told that it was not compatible with the S21 Ultra and could not be installed via a back up sync. Neither is it available in the Watch Face store because of the compatibility issue. I was told that the only solution was to contact the vendor for a solution / possible refund.

Wiggle
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately Samsung had no answer. I have to raise it with the development team as a potential bug 😕
Cut Creator
Student
Options

I have exactly the same issue. It sure is a bug. My receipt are all gone. And I don't think this has to do with a compatibility as some mention because I can install the missing watch face but gave to pay again.

If this was a compatibility issue we would have a warning. At least that worked in the past.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yeah, HUGE massive bummer, please advise if there are any workarounds. Definitely does not make me happy to say the least. Upgraded for the new camera and all that jazz, and also because on my S7 it was saying that after august dex6 wouldn't run on the phone because it's so old, so I am being forced to upgrade to a phone that doesn't support the absolutely most valuable feature of the smartphone/smartwatch system... 💔 Very unhappy about this. Keep us all posted!