Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 - After software update, screen does not respond to touch & battery drains quick

(Topic created on: 25-03-2024 09:01 PM)
mattcoll
Apprentice
Options

Had my new watch for 3 weeks, it did a software update last week now the screen dose not respond to touch and battery drains quick...

Samsung im really not happy, you need to sort out your software updates and test fully before release. 

I now need software update that will fix what you have messed up.. 

And you do know about this because there are plenty of others having the issue. #samsung.co.uk
6 REPLIES 6
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Generally find a restart of the watch should be sufficient
lonebod
Explorer
Options
My wife's watch is the same. I've tried clearing the cache, resetting and restarting. Nothing is helping. Works fine for a bit then seems to freeze.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Yep! My wife's is the exact same! Have done a reset which hasn't resolved
0 Likes
Members_0MNdoB9
First Poster
Options

My watch isn't new, purchase last year.  Was good until latest update.  Battery drain overnight with AOD off  and in sleep / airplane mode was around 12-15%.  Now its more like 30% even waiting for over a week for the watch to settle down (as some people suggest you do).  Tried all the usual cache clear, factory reset etc.  Very disappointed with Samsung, won't be buying more products if their updates are this poorly quality controlled.  This watch is supposed to have more than 2 days battery - mines lasting 1 at best.

0 Likes
Members_YfTLPO2
First Poster
Options

The same is happening to my Watch6 which was brand new in Feb. It started after a software update and is now happening daily where the watch screen suddenly stops responding to touch (buttons still work) and I have to do a hard reset.

I'm also finding that the battery randomly drains really quickly. When I first got it I was having to charge it maybe every 1.5 days and that wasn't even from 0%; now I keep finding it's completely died within 1 day of  a full charge, and it seems to go from having >40% to dead in quite a short time.

The OS is up to date, as are all the apps.

Getting really tired of it unexpectedly dying and having to restart it because of these 2 issues. Samsung, please fix it!

0 Likes
dee0512
First Poster
Options

Have you managed to resolve this, my watch is doing the same 

0 Likes