Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro blocking all phone notifications

(Topic created on: 29-06-2023 02:07 PM)
davidgray
Explorer
Options

Hi, 

Have had a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro for the last few months and have to say it is superb. 

It used to work in harmony with my Google Pixel 4a 5G (Android 13) phone until a few weeks ago, since then the issue is that no notifications (calls, messages, SMS etc) are audible on my phone.  I just called my mobile from my landline and sure enough, the call is muted on the phone but rings on the watch. 

I would really rather it was the other way around   

The settings in the "Wear" app look correct to me. 

Anyone know what else I might check? 

samsung1.pngsamsung2.png

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Hypertext1464
Pioneer
Options
Im not perticularly sure what would cause that as i dont have a galaxy watch, so i cant really troublshoot the issue, but Check that DND on your phone has been disabled and that your ringtone and notification volume is both set to a loud enough level, checking you phone is set to 'Sound' and not set to 'Mute' or 'Vibrate'

It does say some apps may override the settings you set...
davidgray
Explorer
Options

Hi, 

DND is off and as far as I can see the notifications are on and full volume.  It's not the watch at fault though as this muting of notifications occurs with the watch powered off.  

Might have to upgrade the phone to a Samsung S23 as the ECG watch function also does not work with non-Samsung phones. 

Thanks 

0 Likes