Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 not recording exercise after update

(Topic created on: 14-02-2022 06:16 PM)
kel1kek
Journeyman
Options

I updated my Galaxy Watch 4 yesterday. Now twice today I manually started a cycle only to finish and find it had recorded less than 30 seconds each ride.  Any ideas?  I had no problems previously.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

My GW4 Classic from yesterday when take new update go crazy,he mesure only ECG ang Blood presure,nothing else want to start mesure,steps,heart beet,body,sleep,stress,blood oxygen,nothing...

0 Likes
kel1kek
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20220213-120319_Samsung Health.jpg

5 times I tried to record my ride today and 5 times it stopped within minutes or seconds. 

Please help! 

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

I think nothing we can do about it ! Samsung must fast resolve his new update problem ! Big problem in my case ! 

SOLVED BY SAMSUNG !!

0 Likes
Just_Ralph
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. I went for a walk, and every few minutes, it just stops tracking whatever it is i'm doing... 

0 Likes
CodeChaser
First Poster
Options

I just tried my afternoon walk here in Tampa, FL.  I manually choose walking.  It times out randomly from 30 seconds to 2 min and 30 seconds.  Also, I discovered that the "run in background" setting in the watch wear app for Samsung health, is disabled and off.  

Looks like the update accidently disabled the background exercise. 

One note, after giving up, I left it alone and it detected auto-walking running for almost 29 minutes.

Very disappointed.  

Tom

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Has anyone found a solution to this?
0 Likes
kel1kek
Journeyman
Options

Hi All.  Yes I got the solution (original poster here).  Sorry  I didn't update this sooner but I went on to Samsung Customer Support which appears to be available 24/7, but in this case it was Samsung UK.   It was super late  and I told them I had to sleep so they sent me to their troubleshooting page they thought would help. 

I went all through this page and then carefully followed the instructions to back up and reset my watch. Everything came back just fine and the watch has been capturing the exercise as normal.  

Even though I did the backup and restore I still had to manually download a few of the Apps, but most of the settings were as I had it.  

So all good now! 😊 I hope you have the same luck as me!   

I don't think the blood pressure and body comp or much of that is even that accurate, but it's still so much fun having all that data to play with.  And I found a great way to monitor my calorie burn and intake which is what I'm after right now; which is real encouragement  in helping me flatten the curves! 

I recently purchased the watch through a big UK retailer and not direct from Samsung, because the retailer had the best deal at the time.  But as I really like it I'm wishing  I got extra care coverage for it... so hoping I can figure out if  I can add that after the fact. 

Best of luck with the issue. And try to find that Samsung chat support if you need. I don't really see a link to where I contacted them?  But this link seems to be a help site for their devices in general: https://samsungcustomer.lucidcx.com/ 

mrrobot1
First Poster
Options

Having similar issue with my Galaxy Watch 5, refuses to count steps and distance during treadmill workout, stays at 0.

Though the watch still counts the steps during the workout towards the global step goal which is strange

Had followed the process of backing up, resetting the watch and restoring, however facing the exact same issue. 

0 Likes