Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Gear 360 (2017) as webcam

(Topic created on: 17-11-2017 11:51 AM)
PERP
First Poster
Options

Hello.
I am interested in buying the Gear 360 (2017).
I wonder if it works as PC Webcam and if it is possible to use it on MAC.

23 REPLIES 23
Roronoa-Zoro
First Poster
Options

Oi,

Eu tenho uma engrenagem 360, posso conectar a câmera com o brodcast ao vivo, mas não consigo conectá-la com o obs studio mesmo com a câmera virtual. Se alguém puder me ajudar.

0 Likes
Gear_360
First Poster
Options

Hi! I bought the Gear 360 7D90 in 2018. Since then, I have been waiting for a software update that can be used as a webcam. OBS is not so easy to use, so it is a shame to see the disregard of Samsung with so many customers frustrated with a problem so simple to solve.

0 Likes
WannesFey
Apprentice
Options

Well, the Gear 360 is a somewhat older product and I don't think it sold very well. I can understand that Samsung has stopped supporting it. The product is magic, it lacks a good viewer foor 360'foto's and films in my opinion. 
And it would have become a legendary product (for a small market) if it had all the (live webcame capabilities you and I are looking for. (And many others). To this day it would have been a killer. I just bought the Logitech Brio 4k webcam. Great stuff, but why buy it if the Gear 360 could have done it.......  

The Gear 360 is positioned as a action//sports/outdoor camera. The should reissue it as a streamers gadget with some drivers. Would become a hit!

But agian, I understand why Samsung disbanded it. 

Oh, and OBS isn't hard at all.... making a screen-cut form the Samsung software that
does support the Gear360 is easy and works.

Wannes 

0 Likes
andregranjo
First Poster
Options

Did you install the Cyberlink Software that converts the videos and photos to a equirectangular image?

0 Likes