Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 2 Smart Watches on the same EE plan - possible ?

(Topic created on: 17-05-2022 08:30 AM)
Members_rGqEIEU
Student
Options

I have a 4G LTE Galaxy Watch paired to my Galaxy S22 phone on a monthly EE contract, and the phone number is paired / masked, so when someone calls my normal phone number, if I only have my watch with me, the watch takes the call - all working fine.

I have since purchased (not via EE) a new 4G LTE Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, for which I would like to start a new watch sim line, as I want to keep both watches connected, the old Galaxy Watch as my gym / running watch, and the new watch for best (rather than keep switching the line association over).

However, is this actually possible ? The Galaxy Wear app asks whether I want to move the Watch Plan to the new Watch, or open a new line - and my question is, if I open a new line, will it also share the mobile phone number i.e. if I only have my new Watch with me, will that one also ring if someone calls my existing number ?

TL:DR... Can you have 2 Watch Plans connected to the same mobile number - briefly. 

5 REPLIES 5
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
My only recommendation would be cont EE customer services. They will definitely tell you if this is possible also if it is what they and you need to do. Good luck and I hope this helps?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
New ine means new number
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm pretty sure that you can, I had this before with EE but you need to make sure they are different models which you are planning and only have the watch you want to use switched on and the other off.
0 Likes
Members_rGqEIEU
Student
Options

EE Customer Services were not so useful, have tried twice with them, and they don't know. However, playing around with the phone and watches last night, have found this 'Auto Switch' feature, which depending on which Watch I was wearing, meant it rang when I called my usual phone number - so will need to give this a go outside of the house and without my phone nearby, to see if it works when not connected via Bluetooth.

Jon7703
Pioneer
Options
The watch uses the EID number (found in device information) to connect to the ESIM. Therefore as long as both ESIM are registered to the unique EID number this should be possible. Try talking to EE technical support rather than sales (for the additional line). No disrespect to sales but the Tech Support team deals with this issue.