Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Watch 5

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 05:38 PM)
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
Hi

I have the Watch 5, the 44mm one. I was wondering if anyone upgraded from the Watch 5 to the Watch 6, and if it is worth doing so?

A Watch 6 (44mm) with student discount and trade in of the watch 5 comes in at about £197. I purchased the Watch 5 for £189 originally. 

Is the upgrade worth it, not just financially, but practically in terms of the watch use compared to the 5?

I also feel like just waiting until the Watch 7.
21 REPLIES 21
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
The battery life does not seem like an upgrade for me. I think the 7 is probably what I will go for. But it's so tempting to go for the 6 too lol
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Dunny you mentioned that so did I, but rarely use it 🤣
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
The Watch 6 Classic 47mm is coming at £155.72 today with student discount and trade in, which is a great deal... So tempted now 😁 but will hold on tight for the Watch 7!
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
If you want the Classic go for it for that price, from what I have been told by Samsung the classic 7 won't be released until the third quarter of 2025, this year the watch 6 pro will be released
0 Likes
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
So there is a 6 Pro coming out? Does that mean there will be a normal Watch 7 with a Watch 6 Pro? I thought they would release Watch 7 and Watch 7 Pro this year.
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
I'm not sure how they will number them, they might skip the 6 and call it the 7 pro
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
I read online they are skipping a Classic this year and will be having a 7 and a 7 pro. Then next year will be 8 and 8 Classic but no Pro. In other words, alternating between the Classic and Pro each year.

If they bring out a 7 and 7 Pro this year, I wonder if any of them will have the rotating bezel.
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
No, the rotating bezel is exclusive to the classic, the pro is designed for people with more active and rough lifestyles so like the 5 pro there's no bezel and it's made of titanium and sapphire crystal glass.
0 Likes
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks for all your help. I pulled the trigger on the 47mm Classic for £155. I don't think it could go any lower lol.
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
Which colour did you buy?
0 Likes