Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update draining battery on galaxy watch 5

(Topic created on: 18-09-2023 03:49 PM)
Joel14spurs
Apprentice
Options
Has this update ruined anyone else's battery life? Any workarounds? 
19 REPLIES 19
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've actually experienced an improvement in battery life somehow
Joel14spurs
Apprentice
Options
My battery normally only drops by 30-40% in a 24 hour period. I'm down by 80% over 16 hours atm
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
that's the way mine used to be, it lost 80% in 24hrs now its losing less
0 Likes
voltyvic
Pioneer
Options
Me too! Quite a significant one. It's really weird. I have a Watch4 too and swap between the 2 so I'm never without, and I have just this minute got the update for that. It'll be interesting to see if there's a difference there.
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm quite shocked, although I'm happy about it.
voltyvic
Pioneer
Options
Hilariously, my Watch4 appears to be going down the drainage route judging by tonight's performance!😆 I'll do a side by side settings check tomorrow and maybe it will catch up
0 Likes
Joel14spurs
Apprentice
Options
So after a series of reboots, mine has actually normalised. Suggest multiple reboots until you see a difference
1bellb
Student
Options

Yes, I have the Galaxy Watch 4 and it updated yesterday to software version 5.0. Since then the battery is barely lasting 12 hours.

I tried restarting it, I've updated all the apps, and I even checked the usage of apps to see what is draining it but everything seems normal.

1bellb
Student
Options

I contacted Samsung support and they suggested a factory reset of the watch.

I didn't want to do that, but I did try it and it has worked. The battery is back to normal now. 

When you do the reset it does backup the watch and you can restore the backup when you set it up again. Took me about 15 minutes in total. Though the process does reset the watch settings (brightness, always on display etc...)