Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking steps for wheelchair user

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 11:33 AM)
Cazz1977
Journeyman
Options

Hi I am a wheelchair user and I've purchased a Samsung galaxy 3 smartwatch I go walking  with my mum every day but I'm in a wheelchair and I would like to track my pushing instead of steps as I can't walk is there anyway on the watch I can do this please

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Cazz1977: Hi there. I hope you're well, and enjoying your new Galaxy Watch 3. Sadly there isn't a native option on the device to measure wheelchair pushes, however there are a few things you can try in order to measure your workout effectively. What I'd suggest is heading to the Samsing Health app on the watch > Rotate the bezel to access the exercise tracker, and select 'Workout' > Tap the 3 dots next to the repetitive exercise type, or tap More Workouts to find an option that best suits the situation > Workout Screen. From here you can set a rep counter which, depending on the selected workout, may be able to monitor each push you do with beeping and voice guidance, so you can track your reps instead of steps. If you choose the Step Tracker then this can still monitor the distance traveled, allowing you to set targets for when you're out with your mum. I understand that this isn't ideal, but I hope this goes some way to help you get the most out of the watch. 

Annie989
Voyager
Options
what a shame the apple watch does wheelchair steps
Ember1
First Poster
Options

Permobil push tracker. It works on my watch and as a wheelchair user I find its info relevant. It can tell the difference between coasting or pushing and measures not only distance but reps. I hope it works for you too.

Bg6
Apprentice
Options

As a wheelchair user I'm not impressed with the Galaxy watch i got two days ago. I purchased it because I had switched from iPhone to 10 to 9. Love the phone and it's features. I thought the watch would at minimum be as good as Apple watch. It is not. Apple watch features are much friendlier for me to track when I'm wheeling around. So i will be returning this phone and going back to apple watch. 

0 Likes
Bg6
Apprentice
Options

I don't see Samsung replying to this thread. If it's not important enough to address here maybe i should return the phone and watch as well. I enjoy them but one big disappointment was the lack of features for the disabled community.  If anyone from corporate reads this please reply, give us an app or  something for our health tracking needs otherwise you may lose customers. 

JamesP007
Journeyman
Options

I don't believe anyone from Samsung actually comes on this forum...

That being said, I also hoped Samsung would have added a wheelchair push tracker like iOS has... But we're almost 6 years later, since Apple introduced their function... So I don't think Samsung will ever add it.

0 Likes
Franck_Wheels
First Poster
Options

Still no wheelchair profile? Just received my watch5 PRO. I am disappointed that an expensive top of the line product does not consider special needs, such as wheelchair. We are a big community with many users and our health tracking is especially important due to our physical limitations, keeping fit is top priority and technological supports help us monitor what we cannot physically feel.

Danteth
Student
Options

Samsung watch 6 just released and still no wheelchair tracking soo disappointed 

0 Likes
Danteth
Student
Options

Samsung don’t care about wheelchair user like us 

0 Likes