Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion - changing the method of recognising if watch is on the hand.

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 09:26 PM)
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Hello,

Could you please consider adding some new way of recognising if I wear my watch? My arm is heavily tattooed, I knew that measurements will be taken occasionally on spot without ink but since I bought Galaxy Watch 4 the problem is that this sensor tells the app if I wear the watch. And in both setting of notifications it does rely on the info if watch is on the hand to send notification.
When my watch movies slighltly to the inked part it's recognised as not worn and I get no notifications at all.

There are only two options there, to show notifications when phone is used or not. But both say that I'll get notifications if I wear the watch. Cause of my tattoo app think I doesn't.

Suggestion is to change this and add some more ways like steps, gyroscope in watch or just some time interval, for example if I set it that if I won't use watch for 25 mins it might be recognised as unworn (or stay on if watch is not at inked part)

Easy to do and would make many people very happy 
27 REPLIES 27
Haylzorz
First Poster
Options

I've been directed to post on this thread to show my support and to escalate this to developers. 

I recently bought the watch 4 and have had no end of issues with notifications, only to find out it was because I have tattoos. 

Bringing back the ability to toggle notifications to come through whether or not the watch detects it is being worn would fix this issue.

Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Looks like they just ignored that, there was few updates but nothing has changed. Generally this watch is a big disappointment, even Smartthings doesn't work as it should, widget is useless, doesn't see scenes saved on phones. Looks like Samsung released a product with a new system without any idea for it.
Because of the problem mentioned earlier I can't use payments as it's so annoying that I have to unlock my watch with PIN to check the time (lock is required to be ON and it's related to this same as notifications, watch need to detect that it's worn, otherwise it will lock everytime screen goes off - it's simply rubbish that I can't choose myself wether I want this or not).
Members_KLYUhXU
First Poster
Options

So after getting the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 this problem persists !

Sensor does not recognize watch as being worn and therefor not sending the notifications to it. 

No where could you activate notifications to be sent if the Watch isn't worn. Terrible..

Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Looks like it will never change. So easy to do in the software, so many people affected and they just don't seem to care about it.
That's why I skipped the GW5, especially that Samsung UK refuse to trade GW4 for some reason 🤣
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Hey, any update on this? It's been a while and people still do have the same problem
Curr946
Explorer
Options

So, I've just upgraded my Gear3 Classic to a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. Love the watch, but far from happy that I get zero notifications. I was aware the heart rate sensor was going to be an issue, as it was with my last watch. But didn't expect Samsung to tie notifications into this. What a complete (beep) move, and for what. You annoy everyone with tattoos. So, thats me stuck with a £500 dumb watch! 

Options

I can only assume the Devs shrugged you off and made a new watch with the same problem instead?

0 Likes
Curr946
Explorer
Options
It's starting to p!33 me off that samsung won't even acknowledge this thread. Let alone try and fix it
0 Likes