Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop step counter while swimming [bug?]

(Topic created on: 29-09-2022 01:01 PM)
rap1001fly
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy watch 4 is counting steps while I am swimming, it's totally no sense, because I'm not walking, steps must not be counting whilst swimming? Its impossible no one is complaining about this.  How could I fix this (swimming without counting steps) I want to know my real steps by day! 

8 REPLIES 8
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
Well, I am using the older version of the watch but long ago I find my watch only useful giving me the time and notifications. I see my watch showing me on trademill while walking even when I tried to remove "trademill" activity. Anything else is like guess work.
0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Could it be registering you treading water maybe? 😂😂
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@rap1001fly: Do you have Swimming selected as a workout option when the watch detects your steps (Apps > Samsung Health > Choose Workout > Swimming)? Can you try heading to Settings > Samsung Health > Auto Detect Workouts, and disable Walking or any step-based exercises to see if this helps? 

0 Likes
rap1001fly
Apprentice
Options

Andrew I will try it today, my watch count more than 1km steps while I was swimming, more than 1000 steps, it's bad because it counts calories that I did not burn and steps that I did not had, many people complain about this problem and everybody ignore it I don't know why because its a bad bug, on mi band there is a app that don't let steps be registered while you are doing exercise because exercise has his own burn calories and it don't need to plus with steps calories. Thanks for the answer, if it not works I will return here :smiling-face:

0 Likes
rap1001fly
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

@rap1001fly: Do you have Swimming selected as a workout option when the watch detects your steps (Apps > Samsung Health > Choose Workout > Swimming)? Can you try heading to Settings > Samsung Health > Auto Detect Workouts, and disable Walking or any step-based exercises to see if this helps? 

I try it i and didn't work follow the bugs

1 - in 1000 meter swimming the watch counts 200 steps, i noticed that in each 100 meters the watch counts 20 steps when I swimming in craw style... Chest style not affect the steps...

2- I did think that steps were being counting when I swimming only legs because when I swimming like this the watch did not count the laps... But when I swimming only legs the watch did not steps

3 - it seems the watch count steps when I swimming craw a little more fast than I use to, when I swimming craw slowly the steps were not counted

As I said, my band has an application that allows stop steps when exercise, why its happening on Galaxy? How could I fix it?

0 Likes
segev
First Poster
Options

hi,

same issue on my watch as well (watch 4)/

if you menage to fix it, please share

0 Likes
loz25
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Did you get this bug sorted? My active 2 is tracking steps as I swim adding 5000+ on. So calories etc arwnt correct. Samsung have been no help. Its making me think I need a new brand.

0 Likes
SM3456
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone found a solution? My galaxy watch 3 never had this issue, but I go and spend £450 on a watch 5 pro and hey presto, no basic functionality included for that price! Turning off auto record doesn't help during the swim
0 Likes