Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung watch 5 pro - Not working with Google Pay?

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 09:41 PM)
tuckie
Explorer
Options

***Update***

**check your watches, just installed an update to google pay and now it works**

Has anyone got the watch 5 to work with google pay? Just getting an error when adding a card (google pay works on phone and samsung pay works on both)

26 REPLIES 26
Ashrak-UK
Journeyman
Options

I didn't think Samsung watch supported Google Pay!

I have Watch4 which is Android Wear OS too and don't have any option for Google Pay I think.

0 Likes
tuckie
Explorer
Options
The google pay app is available to download on the watch, once you have the latest version installed it will work20220825_203111_8135_1661455889.jpg
0 Likes
Theyak
Apprentice
Options
I am also getting the error message, I have also contacted by bank and every thing is in place there end. I have tried reloading the app a number of times but still get the same error message
Ashrak-UK
Journeyman
Options
In that case wait another day.
Could be that official release date causing authentication error with secure payment system.
I remember when I had my Note 10 ultra delivered ahead few days before release Samsung pay could not register too.
catlady
Pioneer
Options
I have same problem..... It worked fine on my galaxy four with my S10 phone.... Then got s22 and can't get card to transfer to my watch.... Keep getting message try later this phone can't be set up for contactless....... Yet the phone works fine to pay with Google but just won't transfer my card to my watch
tuckie
Explorer
Options
That's exactly the error I get, yet the same card works perfectly in the same app on my phone!
Rossnarion
First Poster
Options

FWIW I'm getting the exact same error just now, so it's still not fixed. 

Solution
tuckie
Explorer
Options
Think you were correct just installed an update to google pay on my watch and now it works
el kosmita
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. After update it is still not working.

UPDATE: It is working now. Looks I did it wrong.

If You want to add it correctly do not follow automatic instruction in google wallet on Your mobile screen. Don`t use Your existing credit card. You need to chosse option with new card and add it once again. Then You will have feedback (few seconds) from Your bank with confirmation that from now You can use this card also on smart watch. Looks that this is an option.

It`s working for me right now. Hope that for U also will work.