Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro & Spotify app

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 07:01 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

So I gone from watch 3 to watch 5 pro so it's all a bit different , I downloaded Spotify to watch but when I try to play songs on watch it goes to Bluetooth menu to connect buds ? On the watch 3 I could play music using watch speaker , is that not possible now ? Surely I'm missing a setting ? 

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
9 REPLIES 9
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Well this is s**t ! I hope they change it !
Screenshot_20220825-190958_Samsung Internet_19313_1661451010.jpg
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Why have they done that then ?
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

The speaker works for responses from bixby or google assistant or for audio books say from an app like Storytel. For music, you have to connect to a Bluetooth device.

I think it is better much better experience to listen to music on an external Bluetooth speaker or on head phones. Also, less drain on the battery and much better quality.

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I liked to have the option , used it a lot whilst working so could hear what's going on around me and have music but it's no big deal , I'll get used to it
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Jimbach13
Student
Options

They definitely need to change this. I would listen to Spotify through my gear active 2 while just going for a walk or bike riding. Just upgraded to the galaxy 5 pro and love it, except for this. Spotify only streams on the watch from the phone. Defeats the purpose of leaving the phone at home. Don't want to use headphones while riding my bike. 

Please fix this samsung and Spotify! 

J1215
First Poster
Options

Definitely agree. Just picked up this watch and it's super annoying to be required to have headphones or your phone when there's a speaker built in. Seems poorly thought out. 

Jimbach13
Student
Options

Is this a spotify issue or a samsung?  Just curious who to contact 

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Samsung , they changed it from watch 4 onwards , maybe as its watch os now not tizen .
I've lte version and I can stream spotify over 4g without my phone near .
Have sent a report to Samsung and they responded saying they'll pass it on to software team , doubt they'll sort it though !
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
It's now playing through watch 5 pro speaker !
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes