Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Watch 5 not vibrating for notifications?

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 07:51 PM)
probedb
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I received my Watch 5 this morning. Connected to my S21 5G (both up-to-date) and all appeared to be working OK. I've got Sound and Vibrations set to Vibrations. The notifications for the apps I want are set and when a notification happens (Bluemail, Viber, Messages etc), the little dot appears but the watch isn't vibrating.

It's not that I don't notice it, it's set to long and strong and when I change settings there and notification vibrate type etc it's working.

But it's not vibrating when I get notifications, surely one of the most important features?!

I was about ready to bin my old Vivostyle but unless someone can suggest something to fix this I'm going to be returning it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Have you turned on Vibrate with sound toggle? Or set the Sound mode to Vibrate. It should then work.

Screenshot_20220920-202515_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

0 Likes
probedb
Apprentice
Options

Sound mode is set vibrate. This email should've triggered it. I got a notification dot but no vibration.

0 Likes
probedb
Apprentice
Options

A quick update, it appears to be one particular app that's the problem. I'll see if I can diagnose.

Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, If it's a particular app, then in Settings > Notifications > app > Custom watch notification style, ensure that it is set to vibrate . 

Screenshot_20220920-204942_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

probedb
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the help, turns out it is the application itself that behaves strangely with notifications even on the phone. 

willjoe
Explorer
Options

If the watch does not vibrate when it's supposed to, make sure watch only mode is turned off, and check the vibrate option for Bluetooth disconnection alerts and notifications. However, if the problem continues, inspect the watch for physical damage.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
probedb
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply, the problem is already solved and has an accepted solution. Seems the Bluemail app is behaving somewhat oddly, even on the phone. Outlook works fine though.

0 Likes