Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 LTE - Overheating issues

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 12:30 PM)
sempron79
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I'm the owner of a Samsung Watch 4 LTE edition. Besides Gpay issue that I raised on a different post, I'm also experiencing another problem, that it seems is a common issue and has been raised by users of Samsung Watch 4 LTE on different countries i.e. overheating problem when the watch is used as standalone, not connected to the phone.

I also exercised the overheating issue when I used the watch not connected to the phone (I have number sharing service activated on the watch), all was good when 4G signal is good, I was able to receive calls on the watch without having the phone with me, but always when I enter in areas with weak signal, I believe the watch is starting to search for a better signal and it gets very warm, so it enters in airplane mode, and after a few seconds it shutdowns.

This issue is quite annoying and has been raised by many users on different countries, and so far, Samsung didn't sent any software update to fix this problem.

Honestly, not being able to make payments using Gpay on the watch (see another post on this matter), together with the overheating issue when using the watch in standalone mode, without the phone, these make the Watch 4 LTE edition watch to look more like a smartfit bracelet, not as a smartwatch as has been currently labeled.

55 REPLIES 55
merlee1220
Student
Options

I want to reply in this thread that it is 2024, I have a galaxy 6, and this is still happening. I talked to Samsung, and they claim there's no complaints on this issue. I told them to go read the forum. Watch is fine, but once it switches to LTE, no matter what you're doing, calling, texting, not doing anything at all, the watch will turn hot, burn your wrist, and then shut down for cooling period. Samsung, you need to address this. There's tons of complaints. Go read the forum! 

I hope Google Pixel is better.

Nmaccann
Explorer
Options

Well the watch is my last ever Samsung device for life. I just build a new house and all the 6 OLED TVs etc are LG not Samsung. So long suckers. Screw your customers and say good bye to yiur business! 

0 Likes
Pyarwood
Apprentice
Options
I used to have all LG including phone but LG stopped making phones and I certainly wouldnt have an apple so my only choice is Samsung phone
0 Likes
Nmaccann
Explorer
Options

I use OnePlus for phones since 2010

0 Likes
Pyarwood
Apprentice
Options
Not a chance I would buy a brand that can easily be restricted and don't tell me They can't restrict it
0 Likes
Nmaccann
Explorer
Options

Restricted? 

0 Likes