Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 LTE - Overheating issues

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 12:30 PM)
sempron79
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I'm the owner of a Samsung Watch 4 LTE edition. Besides Gpay issue that I raised on a different post, I'm also experiencing another problem, that it seems is a common issue and has been raised by users of Samsung Watch 4 LTE on different countries i.e. overheating problem when the watch is used as standalone, not connected to the phone.

I also exercised the overheating issue when I used the watch not connected to the phone (I have number sharing service activated on the watch), all was good when 4G signal is good, I was able to receive calls on the watch without having the phone with me, but always when I enter in areas with weak signal, I believe the watch is starting to search for a better signal and it gets very warm, so it enters in airplane mode, and after a few seconds it shutdowns.

This issue is quite annoying and has been raised by many users on different countries, and so far, Samsung didn't sent any software update to fix this problem.

Honestly, not being able to make payments using Gpay on the watch (see another post on this matter), together with the overheating issue when using the watch in standalone mode, without the phone, these make the Watch 4 LTE edition watch to look more like a smartfit bracelet, not as a smartwatch as has been currently labeled.

55 REPLIES 55
TiagoPF
Apprentice
Options

They're ignoring it. I bet the watch 5 will have the same problem.

sysmanian
Apprentice
Options

Nope...apart from the usual "send an error report to Samsung" They're just hoping it will go away I think...I had to get support from EE to actually get it to connect via 4g...Samsung hadn't a clue and had already replaced my watch with a new one at that point..

My Samsung days are over if they don't sort this out. It seems to be constantly searching for a better connection even when I have full service. It's absolutely cr@p!

0 Likes
xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

No Samsung does not seem to care about the issue.  They seem to be working on the next gen to sell.

A class action lawsuit needs to be filed.  Maybe contact your state attorney general and file a report.

0 Likes
Stoleriko
Pioneer
Options

Samsung are shooting themselves in the foot because none of us who bought this bad watch will ever buy another Samsung watch

Stoleriko
Pioneer
Options

So do I.

Samsung just lost all of us. We will NEVER buy another Samsung watch

Stoleriko
Pioneer
Options

They completely ignoring this problem? 

0 Likes
Nmaccann
Explorer
Options

Come on Samsung, firstly acknowledge the problem and then either sort the problem and save some hope of us sticking with Samsung or give us refunds. Because it's not just us you will lose. It is everyone we all know too. 

0 Likes
Nmaccann
Explorer
Options

I tried something today. It fully charged the watch last night as usual and this morning I turned off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth so it would not be connected to the phone at all and set LTE to "Always on".

While I didn't have any calls it didn't enter cooling mode at all today and the battery lasted from 8am to 6pm.

0 Likes
opetruzel
First Poster
Options

I bought mine last week and have discovered that it is completely useless for me due to this overheating issue. I can recreate this problem every time with the following:

1. Charge to 100% overnight

2. Step outside (away from phone).

3. Turn ON Bluetooth, pair earbuds

4. Turn ON LTE

5. Load YouTube Music app

6. Load Strava app.

When it begins to search for GPS, it always overheats. If it somehow manages to find a signal and I start my run, it overheats within the first half mile and I lose all connections/tracking/etc.

Absolutely worthless.

Stoleriko
Pioneer
Options

Yea it's *****. Like my Galaxy S21 ultra (Exynos), the phone get extremely hot when using the camera. After 5 min the camera shuts off because of that. 

0 Likes