Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung pay keeps popping up on Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 08:46 PM)
GowthamG
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Samsung Pay keeps popping up on my watch active 2 even when I don't touch the screen or any button. This is very annoying and it's not letting me use my watch. I tried resetting the watch, but this issue is still occurring. Moreover, my back button is also not working sometimes, I think it's due to Samsung pay. I don't even want to use Samsung pay, but there is no uninstall option either. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? 

BTW I bought my watch 2 months back. It's pretty new

Help!

Go to solution
56 REPLIES 56
golfhacker97
First Poster
Options

Samsung Rep - where is your response to this issue. All topics are monitored. My Active 2 has now started Samsung Pay every 5 minutes. How can we all make this stop? I have a feeling it is the back button going bad. This is my second Galaxy watch and wont be getting 3rd. They don't make it more than 2 years.

supasteevo
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue since yesterday. Contacted Samsung support today, will see what solution they provide.

0 Likes
Jscott1800
First Poster
Options

I have this same problem. You know what the fix is?  Allow the user to delete apps they don't want or use.  It's absolutely ridiculous that Samsung Pay is being forced on us.  I don't use it.  Never have. Never will. But here we are with no choice in the matter and the app has taken over my watch. 

0 Likes
supasteevo
First Poster
Options

I ended up sending my watch to Samsung repair, because I tried every possible fix I could find on the net, even resetting my watch, but nothing could fix the issue.
The app kept constantly "waking" the watch screen, which basically drained the battery very fast, so the watch was unusable for me.
I agree that forcing users to keep the Samsung Pay app on the watch without any possibility to remove the application is really unacceptable. I hope anyone from samsung support can see this and handle this issue.

0 Likes
AngryViking
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue since yesterday, Samsung Pay popping up at random times, back button not functioning. Basically became a useless , shame.

Found no explanation on the net, though many of us have the. issue.  Probably physical issue with the button , maybe it got stuck somehow?

0 Likes
supasteevo
First Poster
Options

Just got it back from repair. They changed electronic card and battery. During initialization, stuck at last tutorial step (press back button) as back button is not working at all anymore, so watch is still useless.
Sending it back for repair again today ....

0 Likes
Mahoner
First Poster
Options

Hey guys!

I WAS (keyword) experiencing this exact same problem up until 2 days ago (for those referencing this post later, my last Samsung Pay pop-up occurred on Sunday, July 3rd, 2022).

I was very disturbed to read that not only were so many of my fellow Samsung customers having this issue, it looks clearly to be a software glitch AND if you were unlucky like most of us your watch was out-of-warranty and you'd be looking at repair bills (assuming Samsung could even fix it!)

Well, I did notice that some users had tried to do a factory reboot on their watch only to have the pop-up return. 

I can't speak to how they did their resets, but I know for me - after going through the menu on the watch Settings -> About -> (and then it brings you to a screen that says, "Did you mean Reset?") I chose Reset. 

What I did was bring it back to FACTORY DEFAULT, meaning I made sure that the watch did NOT restore any of the previous backups. 

And once the watch gets wiped and you are back at the "Let's Go!" screen, continue to ignore any suggestions to get apps or any information from a restore point. 

I know it's only been 2 days, but the Samsung Pay message has disappeared. My battery is no longer draining. And I have only done minimal additions back to it (allowing Weather locations, calls, etc). 

I can't guarantee that it fixes it for you, but so far I've rid myself of that awful Samsung Pay spam.

Good luck!

~Rob

EDIT: July 6th, 2022

I just wanted to quickly update this post to say, that I had changed the watch display (face) from the default (yellow and black) to another watch dial and then IT CAME BACK! (The Samsung Pay pop-up). I changed it back to the default and it's been 7 hours and no pop-up. So it might look like it's stuck on the default but it works.

EDIT #2 - July 24th 2022

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd give the community an update.

So I was feeling really good about my solution with the reset/restore/accept default from July 6th. By July 8th or so, my screen just went black. It would still try to pair with my Galaxy S21 Ultra but I couldn't see anything on the Galaxy Active 2 watch display. 

First I went to a local Samsung authorized repair center, and they told me try to contact Samsung direct because if they find the cause to be hardware (and it's past warranty) I'd be looking at a $300 bill, MINIMUM. (IKR?) I called up Samsung after and the first tier of support said there was basically nothing they could do, so I got it escalated to the next level and as I've been a very loyal Samsung customer AND it was roughly 4 weeks past my warranty, they made an exception and said they'd do a one-time repair fix on them.

The watch was sent and returned within about 10 business days I'd say.

This is now Sunday July 24th 2022 and (knock on wood)...my watch has been working as it was supposed to be. The notes said the LCD and back button were replaced. Samsung also mentioned it goes through quality control checks before it's sent back to the customer.

Fingers crossed for those who are past warranty the reset/restore fix keeps working for you, and if not, you can try Samsung directly and mention this thread which I also did pointing to a software issue that started it all with the Samsung Pay.

Cheers!

Lisa V
First Poster
Options

Honestly, I think this is a way to make us upgrade! Grrrr!

0 Likes
OAdeniji
Student
Options

Hi. I also have the same issue with my Watch Active.  Since you reverted to the default settings, do you still get the pop ups? 

0 Likes
Simon Bond
Student
Options

My Galaxy Watch 2 has been fine for 2 years, only ever used it once in water and it was fine. Had a splash about in a lido with it on yesterday and suddenly it pops up with Samsung Pay every 5 mins and back button doesn't work. Barely had it in the water. This is a manufacturer defect and I'd like it repaired.

0 Likes