Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung pay keeps popping up on Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 20-07-2022 10:25 PM)
GowthamG
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Samsung Pay keeps popping up on my watch active 2 even when I don't touch the screen or any button. This is very annoying and it's not letting me use my watch. I tried resetting the watch, but this issue is still occurring. Moreover, my back button is also not working sometimes, I think it's due to Samsung pay. I don't even want to use Samsung pay, but there is no uninstall option either. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? 

BTW I bought my watch 2 months back. It's pretty new

Help!

55 REPLIES 55
supasteevo
First Poster
Options

It is indeed a manufacturer defect, no doubt about it. Mine has been in water several times, but it's supposed to be able to support water, so this shouldn't happen. Even if I strongly suspect water is the culprit here.
@OAdenijiReverting to default settings does not solve the issue. It is an electronical issue, probably water slipping into the hardware, making that pop up come up all the time. Only way to solve the issue is sending the watch back to repair.
Waiting for my second repair to arrive tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

0 Likes
Solution
Sparkymick
Student
Options
My Galaxy Watch Active has been fine for the last 2yrs , then 2days ago suffered from the same Samsung Pay issue. Popping up every 5 mins and back button inop . Battery drained in 3hrs .
Carried out a reset through the Wear App , removed (-) Samsung Pay from the list in the Wear App .
All seemed well until I used Bixby , then same issue started .
Carried out another reset through the App and removed (-) Samsung Pay and Bixby from the list in the App .
4hrs now with no issues .
Just to mention that I had an issue with my S21 when Bixby updated 2 wks back and then the screen went black and dead (unresponsive) for over 4hrs. Phone would ring and you could answer by volume button .
Contacted Samsung and 30 mins later the phone miraculously rebooted and started working .
This is definitely a Samsung software issue and suspect with Bixby .
Hopefully this might help others .
0 Likes
RoQueen
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same Samsung Pay app popping up  and battery drain problem. I've had my watch for 2.5 yrs. Worked fine until the last 2 -3 weeks or so. No, I don't swim with it.  I've looked at all the solutions and tried them all. Same problem continues. Has Samsung released a software version fix yet? It's really pissing me off.  Now I'm going to have to waste a bunch of time on the phone telling these guys they have a bug? HELLO??? All these people keep bringing this up. Where is our software fix and NO, I'm not buying a new watch. I've read the nightmares about the Active 4 as well. 

GowthamG
Apprentice
Options

Wow! I'm not getting the pop up now. Although the back button didn't work for some time, but later it worked. This is a great work around. Thank you!
Summary:
Reset the watch. When it connects to the phone after reset, remove Bixby and Samsung pay
from the app list (click on the minus icons). And that's all.

Try this out folks, marking it as solution for now as nothing else seems to be working.

EDIT:

The pop up is back again. It seemed it was gone, but it's back again.

OAdeniji
Student
Options

Hi.  I started getting the pop-ups last year and took it to Samsung after seeing all the comments here. I even showed them this thread and they said an update will be sent to the device. After waiting a few months for an update that never came, I purchased the Watch 4 which has been working perfectly, and abandoned the watch active 2.  When I saw what  @Mahoner suggested a few days ago I decided to try it.

I did the reset without adding any old backups and also refused to update any apps or widgets. I adjusted a few settings like heart rate and stress measuring and also changed the watch face from the default one. I also removed Samsung Pay from the list of apps. It's been 5 days now and I am yet to see any pop-ups! Now I'm wondering what to do with my extra watch

pantsal
First Poster
Options

Have had this watch for 18 months and this week it just started bringing up Samsung Pay constantly like everyone else in this thread is reporting. Seems like this is a fairly common issue. I have stopped/removed Samsung Pay and it doesn't seem to be helping. Anyone else have any solutions for these watches out of warranty? 

0 Likes
supasteevo
First Poster
Options

Got my watch back from repair a few days ago. No more samsung pay pop up for now, fingers crossed.
I'm not going to try and use the watch under water from now on.

0 Likes
Simon Bond
Student
Options

Although not a complete fix, a workaround I found was to put the watch into water-protect mode which prevents accidental touch to the face. When you need to adjust or use a function, take it out of this mode and for a while at least, I found I was able to use the back button again and do stuff I needed. In due course, I found it starts misbehaving again after a while but just switch it back to water-protect and all is well. It's very frustrating that you need to do this at all though.

For those who sent their watch back to Samsung for repair (and weren't under warranty), how much did they charge?

0 Likes
RoQueen
Journeyman
Options

FYI - when I tried your recommendation, NOW my back button doesn't work so I can't even get to anything at all. My back button was working. My only problem was the ridiculous Samsung Pay popping up. THIS IS DEFINITELY A SOFTWARE PROBLEM. I can't believe Samsung hasn't issued a fix. I'm really ANGRY. 

0 Likes
RoQueen
Journeyman
Options

I thought I followed the same procedure (reset, no backup, apps or widgets) but NOW, my back button has stopped working so I can't get to anything. 

0 Likes