Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health app not showing route where I've walked on either S8 phone or Galaxy watch 46mm

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 03:04 PM)
Keith1964
First Poster
Options

Hi. First time on the forum for me. I've very recently purchased the new Samsung Galaxy watch 46mm to go with my S8 phone. I wanted to start the year by doing more exercise mainly walks. I start the walk on my watch but when I've finished, I can see no route map on Samsung Health. All the location settings/GPS are switched on. Any ideas

37 REPLIES 37
dalejlogan
Student
Options

The Samsung health app on my active watch 2 has granted permissions to everything eligible (storage, GPS and sensors) and my location setting is set to GPS and wireless yet I'm still not able to see a map of my run or GPS data in the samsung health app after i manually log my run (it's not autodetected). However, I used to be able to see GPS data and the only thing I can think of that's changed is an app called HealthSync which I use to sync data from samsung health to Google fit, and then from there to the Oura app. 

0 Likes
Ninks
Apprentice
Options

I have just moved to Samsung and bought the S20 Ultra, I am so disappointed with Samsung's service! The best I have managed is to manually set walking from the watch before I set off and that seems to do the trick. Surely it can't be that difficult for Samsung to make Samsung apps work on their own phones! 

0 Likes
CobraCommander
First Poster
Options

Worked like a charm

0 Likes
jag299
Student
Options

I'm still having this issue, and it's 3/21. a week ago this worked, now it doesn't 

does anyone from Samsung support actually monitor this??

0 Likes
Buff52
Apprentice
Options

Just updated my firmware out today, on my 42mm galxy, and have noticed that the widget that shows a record of workouts, including graphs, maps etc has GONE! I used this to record walks, cycling etc and found it very useful....anyone else had this problem? I wish I hadnt updated the software now. I wonder if this erosion of Samsung health on both my watch and phone is the the thin end of the wedge concerning support for the features they have removed, with, it seems, all recent updates. Any comments Samsung?

0 Likes
michaloid
First Poster
Options

*RESOLVED*

Hello everyone,

I've managed to resolve the issue where I wasn't able to see map in Workout history. Make sure Personalize Samsung Health is checked in settings. It won't change past workouts, but future workouts will contain the map.

0 Likes
TheCrazyItalian
First Poster
Options

I have the Galaxy Watch 3 and it has always showed the map of my walks when done.  Now it shows general area map but not the route anymore.  It might have something to do with an update or I forgot 1 time to start workout and it autodetected walk and asked me some question about manually entering workout to get details.  I must have answered the wrong thing?

0 Likes
Hardcorr
Apprentice
Options
I think now you have to manually start a walk workout to get the mapping. Might be a privacy issue.
0 Likes