Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health app not showing route where I've walked on either S8 phone or Galaxy watch 46mm

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 03:23 AM)
Keith1964
First Poster
Options

Hi. First time on the forum for me. I've very recently purchased the new Samsung Galaxy watch 46mm to go with my S8 phone. I wanted to start the year by doing more exercise mainly walks. I start the walk on my watch but when I've finished, I can see no route map on Samsung Health. All the location settings/GPS are switched on. Any ideas

37 REPLIES 37
Dragynslayer
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my galaxy 42mm watch and I use a pixel 3a. That Google fit auto tracks the walking route I took but not the Samsung health app. Please fix!!!

Regrin
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. Up until last week I was able to see the route I'd done in the Samsung health app, but now it's just blank. It shows all the information, speed, duration etc, but no map. I have a note 9 and the 42mm galaxy watch. Please fix! 

ChrisS8
First Poster
Options

@Dragynslayer wrote:

I have the same issue with my galaxy 42mm watch and I use a pixel 3a. That Google fit auto tracks the walking route I took but not the Samsung health app. Please fix!!!

Hi,  I have sorted it out by reinstalling Samsung Heath application on my S8. Works fine now  , however all data has been deleted (total distance, routes etc). 

0 Likes
studeimus
First Poster
Options

I have  a few suggestions here...

1) Ensure your phone has the Samsung Health app on the "apps that won't be put to sleep" list. A good test for this is to turn your phone on a few times during your activity, and see if the resulting map then shows those locations having been traversed. I certainly found that to be the case.

2) Unfortunately the fix above seems not to be the full fix... I now find that if I literally start the recording session manually from my watch, it then shows the full route afterwards on my phone, but not if I rely on activity auto-detection.

Rather annoying to say the least. U'd think that in developing such apps they'd be able to work with OS/hardware vendors to lock in a reliable method of ensuring this stuff just works.

FWIW, I have a Galaxy S9 running Android 10, and a Galaxy Watch Active2.

0 Likes
khoughton
Student
Options

Hi, i have recently purchased a s20 and galaxy active watch and unable to track my route on either. Are you able to help with this?

elleirdad
Student
Options
Me too. Same phone and same problem. No route map and no elevation on Samsung health. Google Fit shows both. Advice?
0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Same issue on S20ULTRA shows a hotspot but no map

0 Likes
Regrin
Student
Options

Thought I'd reply to myself on the subject since my issue seemed to 'magically' fix itself.  I didn't do anything differently.  Went from not working for a couple of weeks and then it started working again with no issues since.  I'm happy, but not sure why the problems in the first place ...just hope that everyone else's can get sorted out as well.

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

It appears that if I set my watch to a workout such as walking or running it maps the route. However if its an autoworkout it's just a hotspot on a map Screenshot_20200529-165819_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20200529-211128_Samsung Health.jpg

Chris172
First Poster
Options

did you ever get a response? Mines doing the same thing and its very annoying

0 Likes