Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 Classic w/ LTE downloads old text messages whenever I walk out of bluetooth range

(Topic created on: 04-12-2018 08:00 PM)
EHud11
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Gear S3 Classic (SM-R775A) running Tizen Version 3.0.0.2 paired with Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U)  running Android 8.1.0 and Samsung Experience Version 9.5.

Two Issues:

• Whenever I walk out of Bluetooth range, the watch insists on alerting me to text messages that have already been read.  I need to clear the new notifications every time, which is quite annoying.  This happened with the stock Samsung messaging app and also happens now that I have switched my default app to Android Messages (didn't want to do that, but it is the only way I can get text messages through my Mustang's factory installed head unit and Android Auto - that's a completely separate issue though!).
  • When walking out of range, about 25% of the time, Number Sync will politely notify me that I have disabled it (which I have not) and will not reactivate until it is connected to my phone again.  Aside from the 25% of the time that I walk away, it will also randomly notify me that I have turned it off when I my watch and phone are paired and in the same room.  Again, I need to go into the watch settings and turn Number Sync back on.

For the $30 activation fee plus the additional $10 plus fees we pay every month for the LTE smartwatch, the performance is very inconsistent.  Aside from these two issues, when I am in standalone mode connected to (and not connected to) wifi I will 50% of the time get an error that I'm not online when trying to use the voice to text, send a text, make a call, etc.

To have Samsung's top offerings perform like this for the initial cost and monthly charges is totally unacceptable.  Problem is, I don't know if it is a Samsung, Android, Tizen or AT&T problem.  One thing I do know... I didn't have this issue with my iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 3 LTE.  Sure, the hardware and customization is fun - more fun than the locked down apple iOS systems - but at least those systems worked, and working systems are ultimately what you pay for, aren't they?

Anyway, rant is over... if anyone has had these issues and has found a way to not make my $1300 (Yes - I'm talking to you too Note 9 since I don't know if the issue is with the watch or phone) worth of hardware work the way it should work, please let me know.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Micki59
First Poster
Options
I have got a Samsung Galaxy S3 Frontier and my voice to text has stopped working. I have been in touch with Samsung explain to them all the problems I am having which is resetting my phone will rebooting approximately 3 times I have uninstalled the wearable app from my phone and reinstalled it quite a few times, the phone I have is a note 20 and it worked perfectly no issues until about two to three weeks ago when I did an update. Spoke to Samsung today they told me to do everything that I've already done which I told them there is alt was our need to book it in for it to be assessed. I refused because it's saying cannot connect to the network well it's connected to my phone and if I phone is connected to the network why isn't it working. I have spoken to Verizon who referred me to Samsung website and help desk and nobody can help. I have tried all the tricks and nothing seems to work can somebody please help me?.
0 Likes