Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 keeps asking to reset and re-pair

(Topic created on: 18-01-2023 02:46 PM)
irregular9
Apprentice
Options

After a couple of months of having to reset my watch every week. I managed to pinpoint where the problem might be. I tried everything, and no solution worked.

My watch is up to date, I tried disabling google assistant but it didn't work.  It seems that whenever I get disconnected from the internet, or if I'm too far away from my phone's bluetooth range, my watch would work fine for a couple of hours and then, just randomly decides to unpair from my phone and asks to be reseted and re-paired. Is SO annoying, I paid a decent amount of money for this piece of paperweight that I have to babysit or otherwise I would have to spend another hour puting up with it's bugs.

Now, there's a couple of other issues after I reset my watch.

While reseting my watch would just fail to link my google account or copy my data from my samsung account, this is random, I have a good internet connection, but my watch would just randomly not link or copy my accounts to my watch. My solution is to skip that step and do it manually after the reset is finished, but it's not as straight forward as it sounds, because it's random too, I just have to keep trying and trying for hours until the wearable app decides to get it together and actually link and/or copy my accounts. Sometimes it links my samsung account but not my google account, sometimes neither.

It also disconnects after a system update.

Again I tried every solution I could find, and no luck, but here I am, asking for your help, because I don't know what else to do.

17 REPLIES 17
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I suggest you report the issue to support via members app and have them assist you
0 Likes
irregular9
Apprentice
Options

How do I do that?

0 Likes
irregular9
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy members app is not compatible with my phone....great!

Neo001
Legend
Options

Which phone do you use? If its a Samsung phone, try downloading the Members app from Galaxy Store.

0 Likes
irregular9
Apprentice
Options

Xiaomi Redmi 8, there's no reason why the app shouldn't be compatible. 

0 Likes
pedrorossetti
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you manage to solve the problem by any chance? The same is happening to me. I am thinking of returning my watch. Thanks!

Waterlily274
First Poster
Options

And I also have the same problem. I hate it so much, I really don't want to reset my watch. It takes a lot of time to reconfigure it from the scratch. I'm seeking for a solution. I have Xiaomi phone. It worked very well earlier but the recent updates of Galaxy plugin and wearable app, everything's a mess.... 

0 Likes
Michal Hopjan
First Poster
Options

Omg, I have it too. Today I have rested my watch and 1 hour later they send me it again, it is a message, that say, reset your watch if, you want to pair them with your phone

0 Likes
Here_hare_here
First Poster
Options

Keeps happening to me too. Poor considering both devices are Samsung products and are up to date on S/W. It's especially infuriating to lose exercise data from the Health app so I can't track my progress over longer periods of time (essentially the entire reason for me purchasing the smartwatch in the first place). Boo Samsung.

0 Likes