Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast.

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 03:08 PM)
Spoilthamster
Apprentice
Options

In the last few days I'm facing a lot of problems with my watch. The watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. The screen keeps on showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode. If i put watch on charge with approx 60%  whilst on the charger it will drop to about 20% and showes as over heating. And above all the battery drains in like 3 to 4 hrs. I have been using the watch for 3 months now and never had a problem before.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 9.

Regards

53 REPLIES 53
FionaS69
First Poster
Options
I recently did an update on my Samsung watch and strangely only pre-ordered the Samsung watch4 yesterday. I have every intention of keeping the Samsung watch hence did not trade this in. Today my watch is switching off, overheating symbol and telling me it needs to cool down, flight mode is engaged, it won't link to my S21 phone, warning triangle ⚠️. It won't stay on long enough for me to switch off any apps. Charge said 85% then jumped to 75%. I'm fuming. What's going on Samsung? I would like this fixed. This doesn’t make sense for my watch to do this in the space of one day. This may be a stupid question and reading the links, can't the battery just be replaced?
MHashem
Journeyman
Options

It is not a battery issue, it is a faulty charging chip, samsung has no solution, if your warranty is still valid they will replace it, if not then you will throw the watch away, very depressing. 

0 Likes
TommyFreez
First Poster
Options

Hi all

same problem here. More than 2 yrs ago purchased Galaxy Watch R800, now overheating started (no warning messages though), battery drain, etc..
Replaced the battery yesterday on my own, however no results.
I will try to disconnect the HR sensor, that will be my last try before I dump this s*it into the bin.

Anyone wants spare parts for the R800 watch lol ?
Take care

/br

Despawn
First Poster
Options

Did you remove the sensor? 

0 Likes
Members_gaQ1RcU
First Poster
Options

If the signal is bad in your area  , watch keeps searching  for better signal and over heats . Turn off in app until signal improves .

0 Likes
MHashem
Journeyman
Options

It is the bluetooth version, signal strength has nothing to do with this issue, and it is dead now. Very bad experience 

Lohikäärme
Apprentice
Options

I faced the mentioned problem today. After sw update the watch started to ask me all the time to install Samsung pay. After a while watch heated up and I felt burning. This was just an hour after charging the battery full and when I took the watch off from my wrist it had only 9% charge. Now its not charging, its dead as a rock... Great quality. Or maybe 3 years old is already rotten old age for these gadgets. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @Lohikäärme 

That's not what we like to hear at all, and we do hope your wrist is okay. Please either send me or @Sam_UK a message, so we can look into this for you.

teenie
First Poster
Options
I just had to send mine back brand new like this. Think what the price is.they would be better care
0 Likes
Lohikäärme
Apprentice
Options

Hi Kholal,

latest news. I took the watch to the Samsung repair center. Their cost estimate to fix the watch was 150€. Way too much! It's cheaper to buy a new watch. Interesting is that after Samsung Service the watch is charging now and keeps charge. Display goes to all possible green shades and shows the charge status. BUT I can not start up the watch. Nothing happens when I keep the lower button down. So, this ***** is kaput! I will try to fix it by myself when i have time to open the *****. 

0 Likes