Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm step issue

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 05:34 PM)
lightninglarry
Apprentice
Options

Up until yesterday, everytime i took a step, it essentially showed on my watch.  Every step i take now, it tracks per say, but never updates on my watch until i open the Samsung Health App on my phone, and resync.  Never had to do this before.  What has happened?  How do i get it back to just auto populating on my phone?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@lightninglarry: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing syncing issues with your Galaxy Watch. Please can you check the link below by our friends at Samsung US, and follow the troubleshooting steps provided to see if this resolves your issue?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003270/
0 Likes
lightninglarry
Apprentice
Options

I have done this, included deleting and reinstalling samsung health app, steps arent moving on watch until i open app on phone.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@lightninglarry: Do you have your phone on you when you go walking/track your steps? If so, can you try opening the Samsung Health app on your phone > Step Tracker > Tap the Source button in the middle of the screen. This will display All Steps, Mobile Phone or Galaxy Watch. Select Galaxy Watch. It may be the case that the phone is currently tracking the steps, and syncing with your watch at the end of the workout, so this should hopefully return the tracking to your watch.

If you haven't done so already, why not add a Step Counter widget so you can easily track your steps. From the watch's Home screen, swipe left until you reach Add widget. Tap it, and then swipe to and tap Steps. Now you can view your step count by simply looking at the Step widget. Tap the widget for more details.
0 Likes
lightninglarry
Apprentice
Options
sometimes my phone is on me, but sometimes it is not. I go into my step track on the app, and the only two options it shows is all steps(watch and phone) or mobile phone, doesnt have just the watch option. I did add the widget now, so will see.
0 Likes
lightninglarry
Apprentice
Options

even with the widget, it doesnt update until i open the app on my phone and slide my finger down to resync.

lightninglarry
Apprentice
Options

still no resolution 

0 Likes
paulcoppo
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. Watch is not counting steps.  Only steps being counted is the steps whilst I have my phone on me. Which isn't all the time. Can you urgently respond. 

lightninglarry
Apprentice
Options

Any help please

0 Likes