Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy active 2 overheating

(Topic created on: 15-04-2020 12:29 AM)
Gman1981
Apprentice
Options

I have had this watch (Samsung galaxy active 2) repaired twice by my local Samsung repair centre and yet it is still overheating once you have been on a call lasting longer than a few minutes, cuts off then comes bk on saying watch cooled...only when using in standalone mode.

This really is unacceptable going what i have read on the the samsung members page Alot of people are suffering thr same problem.

Please can you replace this device as soon as you possibly can, i have been very patient up untill the device was repaired for the second time...

And still the problem remains...

Please help.

Kind regards

G.Bryce

20200321_233858.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Ryanvdp
First Poster
Options

Hi. My watch overheats daily in standalone mode. Warning pops on screen and watch shuts down. I am running latest software. This is somewhat of a disappointment from Samsung 

0 Likes
BrentR
First Poster
Options

I have had the Galaxy Active 2 for a few months, and one of the reasons I upgraded was because the Galaxy Watch I had was also overheating in standalone mode, whilst making or receiving calls.  Now the Active 2 does exactly the same thing.  The last time this happened was after sunset, indoors, with a very low ambient temperature (winter with no electricity, during load shedding).  The battery also drains very quickly in this mode, and I do not see the point of investing in the LTE model if one cannot make calls. Latest firmware and software installed, and paired with a Note 10 Plus.  Is there a solution for this yet?

0 Likes
Claire25
Journeyman
Options
hi
I have given up... went to the complaints team they said they have completely repaired my watch but 3 weeks after it started again.... its the worst thing I have brought and would never refer one to friends.
can't believe they have brought a new one out with all the problems with this one.
still over heats
battery only lasts 20 mins on stand alone
COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY
0 Likes
L0gan5
Explorer
Options

This problem is caused by the LTE watch being in a low-signal area, it tries to the boost the radio but the extra battery usage generates an overheating warning. 

No proper solution I’ve found unfortunately. I just turn onto airplane mode until I’m in a strong signal area. 

0 Likes
trippolice
First Poster
Options

Another unhappy customer to add to the list.  I tried the full reset of the watch and the overheating problem got worse.  I only bought this watch to listen to spotify when I run, as soon as the overheating comes on the watch shuts down and once it starts (i.e. mid run) even a restart wont stop it from happening over and over again - this is therefore a major failure of a basic smartwatch feature.  I could have just brought an mp3 player or something, not a $800 watch.  this has been an issue since I have had the watch (18 months) but is a lot worse now i am using spotify.  

0 Likes
Tomtoe
First Poster
Options

Mine is less than 3 months old and suffer horrendously with this issue. Been back for repair once and now the service department are telling me it is my network area coverage which is at fault and to just deal with it. 

Why release a product that can not cope with low signal. Defeats the object of the 4G mode. 

0 Likes
McPlot
Student
Options

I have had this happen when I was within 50 foot of a T-Mobile cell tower. I don't see why it would try boosting the signal when it was full bars. 

0 Likes