Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Active 2 watch Google Assistant

(Topic created on: 07-08-2019 06:20 AM)
DesuKun
First Poster
Options

Is there any possible way users could use Google's Assistant instead of Bixby on the lastest Active watch?? I can't stand bixby and I use Google's assistant all the time. I have a Fitbit versa at the moment however I want to upgrade to a smartwatch capable of 4g/LTE connection. When I go on runs I hate bringing my phone so I want a smart watch that I can make calls and recieve them but also have google assistant so I can easily say "ok, google" and be promoted with an actual assistant that can actually be useful unlike the bixby assistant. I love Samsung's products as I but I refuse to use bixby. I was thinking about preordering the Active 2 but if I'm going to be forced to use bixby I'm just going to buy another brand. Is there any news about Google's assistant being accessible on any Samsung smart watches in the near future?

18 REPLIES 18
Nitoz
Apprentice
Options

I agree with this guy.

goombah88
Apprentice
Options

i found THIS LINK while searching for a way to use Google Assistant on my pre-ordered Galaxy Watch Active2. When it arrives I'll definitely give it a try for myself. Good luck!

0 Likes
PDXLara
Apprentice
Options
I agree with this guy, too. I tried using Bixby to call or text my partner, paired with my Note 10+. He's definitely in my contacts! 2/25+ tries it worked, the rest of the time it said that person was not in my contacts. I tried multiple combinations, and it did not seem to be the specific way it was said, just random. 🤬 Such bad UI!
0 Likes
oleg_ierofeiev
First Poster
Options

The open question for me as well, when Samsung provides an official Google Assistant App for Galaxy Watch?

LS6732
First Poster
Options

We're you able to get Google assistant working on your active 2?

0 Likes
LS6732
First Poster
Options
We're you able to get Google assistant working on your active 2?
0 Likes
goombah88
Apprentice
Options

I did, but it's not 100% reliable. Sometimes it listens but gives no answers. 

0 Likes
Hemly
First Poster
Options

Dont buy the galaxy watch active 2. It has no option to use google assistant. Has no native app to control your camera, you will not  get notifications from whatsapp, so if you want to be fitness you can use any other cheaper watches, if you wanna look good buy an iwatch which actually works and costs the same.

0 Likes
DanLcfc
Explorer
Options

@Hemly wrote:

Dont buy the galaxy watch active 2. It has no option to use google assistant. Has no native app to control your camera, you will not  get notifications from whatsapp, so if you want to be fitness you can use any other cheaper watches, if you wanna look good buy an iwatch which actually works and costs the same.

On my active watch 2 I get all WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Facebook messenger so I don't know where you get that info of it not working from.