Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"High Demand" is not an excuse to continue to push my preorder back; and not let me know

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 03:16 AM)
Poultrey Wolf
Apprentice
Options

I preordered a pink gold 40mm LTE with a silver small band on Aug 12. Was given a expected delivery date of Sept 03. No problem, typically the non-black items demand surpasses supply so Sept 03 makes sense. 

I get an email on August 16th saying my order would still ship by the date on the "my order" page and that "If anything changes we'll let you know". Check the my order page still says Sept 03. Ok.

Same email on August 20th. Same deal as before. 

Get an email on August 25th saying the same except then when I logged in they had CHANGED the date to Sept 17th. So something did change and they didn't tell me.

Contacted support on Saturday Aug 28; asking what was up. Was told my order had shipped and that my order page would update soon to reflect that and it would show the tracking number.

Monday, no update. I contacted support again and was told that there was an error on Saturday and my order hadn't shipped but I should have an UPDATED ship date soon.

Today, my date has now been pushed back to Sept 23rd. I contacted support again am told again "high demand" and am given a $25 voucher. 

I want Samsung to explain to me WHY my preorder keeps getting pushed back when I could forfeit my preorder bonus, and my military discount order from Best Buy and have my order tomorrow. I also want to know WHY I haven't even been told by Samsung that my order has been pushed in an email, a text, a push notification? Why did it take me logging into my account to find out that my order had been delayed. 

It's not so much my order being pushed back that makes me upset; it's Samsung's lack of notification. He'll I'd take a "Due to circumstances out of our control your order has been pushed back" over these crickets.

Am I the only one? SamsungUS

13 REPLIES 13
sexylexiewatalaugh
First Poster
Options
Oops
0 Likes
Options
Surely the fact you're 'pre' ordering means they don't know the exact date the items will be available... Maybe it would be better to order in future when you know the item is ready preventing anxiety....
Jpohn
Apprentice
Options
Pre ordering is used to make the company aware of the amount of people that are interested and wanting to purchase their product. This is an indication for them to know how many of each device is required, if Samsung can't do something as simple as that then I know why iPhone are a much more successful company.
Options
Yes, I'm sure all the children that build apple phones will be over moon... Considering the world is going through a pandemic, foresight isn't enough.... Many companies have no idea what people want to spend out on now... so a little short fall or a slight delay isn't the end of the world.... hardly a simple task now.... Why purchase a Samsung if apple are more successful in 'your eyes?'
Alpha162
Journeyman
Options

It's just simple courtesy for one reason, and terms and conditions for another.

As part of the T&C's, Samsung are to inform anyone of delays on the pre-order in advance:

Alpha162_0-1630488109841.png

My own order for example, I had the text last Tuesday to say there was a delay until 'Sunday the 9th of September' (which isn't even a Sunday), and then a retraction text last Thursday apologising, and reaffirming that the delivery will arrive as expected (Friday, the next day).

It did not arrive the next day, and I had taken a day at home to be there for it.

I have called support pretty much daily and had differing stories as to what's happening, been promised (literally) that I would receive communication within 12-24 hours, which was 2 days ago, etc etc.

What adds insult to injury here is that order status still shows it will arrive a week in the past, and the website still proudly showing you can order and receive it. 

"so a little short fall or a slight delay isn't the end of the world" - You're correct, the world isn't going to implode or set the atmosphere on fire as a result of a smartwatch delay, however some of us need to plan around a delivery, not be told it will be dispatched in '24-48 hours', every 24 hours, I can't do much with that.

It's the lack of any communication that's the problem (at least in my eyes), and they have broken their own T&C's by doing so.

0 Likes
Alpha162
Journeyman
Options

Pre-ordering, as jPohn's reply already says, is used to gauge interest and have a known quantity of orders ahead of time, so you can more accurately plan your release and distribution.

Alpha162_1-1630489053363.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-order

"Surely the fact you're 'pre' ordering means they don't know the exact date the items will be available" - If I called and told you 2 weeks in advance that I would like a dozen cakes, and paid you in advance, you would know ahead of time what you need to provide, as opposed to me showing up on the day without warning where you may not have enough ingredients to fulfil the request, and have to delay and/or cancel the order. Surely this makes sense?

Poultrey Wolf
Apprentice
Options

Thank you.

It's not that it's delayed that is the problem. Its the lack of communication, consistency and failure to provide a solution; not to mention the lie of "We'll let you know if anything changes"

Said solution could be "Unfortunately preorders surpassed our estimates and your order has been pushed to X date" It's that simple.

Options
Were you told the delivery date would change? Yes.... Have you got the item? Yes.... They know a couple of people were let down and no doubt did their best to make it happen... but sometimes, things go wrong... Stop crying as there's nothing else that can be done.... Get an apple next time but , you'll be back after that poor decision...
0 Likes
Poultrey Wolf
Apprentice
Options

I actually wasn't told until the THIRD time I contact support, after being told it had shipped and I would have it by the 3rd, so no I wasn't told and no they did not try their best

0 Likes