Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting Galaxy Buds+ to Windows 7

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 11:15 PM)
malvin_k
Apprentice
Options

Hey!

(Firstly, sorry for my bad English. It's not my mother language & I'm still learning it)

I just bought a pair of galaxy buds+ this week. They work perfectly fine with my phone (galaxy s7 edge) but the problem comes when I'm trying to connect them with my laptop (windows 7).

Seems like my laptop could recognize & add them via Bluetooth. But eventhough the connection is stated as "connected", I still couldn't hear anything from the buds. When I troubleshoot the buds it is said that I need to update my driver eventhough I've already downloaded the latest version of the "GalaxyBudsManager". (I've also updated the software for the Buds to the latest version).

Now that I've tried various recommended online suggestions, like touching the touchpad while connecting the Buds with the GalaxyBudsManager, connnecting them through the given USB C cable; and it still doesn't work out.. I think I need your help in solving this problems.

Especially because those are my only earphone at the moment & I need to use them for the online learning..

I really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
it's a tough one because Windows 7 isn't supported. The driver may not support the buds + on Windows 7.
0 Likes
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
I'm sorry I can't help, but wanted to say that your English is a hell of a lot better than most English people!

Well done!
malvin_k
Apprentice
Options

Hey Adrian_Kilgour, Thanks for your reply!

I see, I first thought that it would still be compatible though after reading this page

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/update-galaxy-buds-plus-firware/

And that's on of the reasons why I bought the Buds...

malvin_k
Apprentice
Options

Hey JohnW27!

Thank you! Appreciate that a lot, it gives me more motivation to learn & improve my English :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Yes, you're right this should work. Have you tried setting the buds as the default audio device in the sound control panel?
0 Likes
malvin_k
Apprentice
Options

Hmm, there's even no option to choose the buds as the default audio device...

You mean the sound control panel that we could open through the "windows + x" shortcut right?

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
I mean this menu. It should be on here. Open control panel and go to Hardware and Sound > Sound. Click on the buds, then in the bottom right there's an option to set the device as default.

20210319_232905_4470.jpg

0 Likes
malvin_k
Apprentice
Options

20210320_003604.jpg

Yeah, that's also what I mean

0 Likes