Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy 3 watch 4g or Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 04:54 AM)
travelbaz
First Poster
Options
When buying galaxy 3 watch it asks if I want 4g or Bluetooth connectivity. Not sure what I should go for as non techy person. Any advice?
4 REPLIES 4
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Bluetooth. You only need the 4g one if you want to buy a separate sim for it and start paying for data etc. Most likely you want to connect it to your phone for messages, calls, sports etc, you only need Bluetooth for that. 4G u will pay extra cost upfront for something u don't need
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@travelbaz 

both variants (Bluetooth and 4G) can connect to network  via Bluetooth on mobile phone

while 4G variant can connect to network without the phone around, but a phone pairing is required for initial setup only

According to the site

Wi-Fi/LTE connection is required on Galaxy Watch3 and feature requires pairing with smartphone. Galaxy Watch3 4G connects exclusively on EE*, Vodafone** and O2***.
*Standalone voice calling on 4G model requires an EE PAYM voice plan with data subscription to access the ‘One Number’ service. For initial set-up, wireless network and pairing with Samsung Galaxy smartphone 2017 and newer required.
**Available to all Vodafone Pay Monthly Mobile customers on a Red Plan. You will use the allowance from your current PAYM or SIMO plan to call from your Samsung Watch. For initial set-up, wireless network and pairing with an Android smartphone with OS Android 5.0 or newer and at least 1.5GB RAM required.
*** Standalone voice calling on 4G model requires an O2 PAYM plan with data subscription. Your Samsung smartphone must also logged into your Samsung account, be switched on and connected to the O2 network. You will use the allowance from your current PAYM or SIMO plan to call from your Samsung Watch. For initial set-up, wireless network and pairing with Samsung Galaxy smartphone 2019 and newer required.

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
4G if you want the watch to be used without the phone with you, if your always going to have you phone with you then definely by Bluetooth, Bluetooth is what most people go for and you don't have to buy another plan for it
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
I'm personally going to get the LTE version as I I've got an EE contract.
That way I can leave my phone at home & still receive phone calls & messages.