Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Galaxy Watch4 Battery Drain Unacceptable

(Topic created on: 25-07-2022 02:00 PM)
ChuckC
First Poster
Options

My new Galaxy Watch4 battery is  draining so fast it won't last all day.   The Samsung customer service web site solution is a list of features to turn off.  What is the point of having the features if the battery can't support them?  I bet the battery will last a really long time if I turn it off and throw it in a drawer. 

I followed their advice and it's still draining quickly.  

5 REPLIES 5
rhyd1am
Explorer
Options
Hi, I had the same thoughts when I first had my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic a few months back. A few days after though, everything seemed to settle down. I use almost all the features and it now easily lasts the day (usually have 40-50% left by 8pm).

With any luck you may well find the same.
0 Likes
Options
Hi, I have same issue, sick and tired of it, I get up at 6am, and get home around 7pm, by 10pm have to charge phone, so basically it is pointless.
Why have features and then cannot use them. When I start the gym I want to use it for alm health features, I will have to have a charger in my pocket all the time.

The watch is very disappointing
0 Likes
vekter303
Explorer
Options

I have been using my Watch4 for about 6 Months now. When setting it up I used suggestions available on YT videos to conserve battery power, never felt that the suggestions made limited the desired functions thankfully.

I did find that tracking a run on the bike over a few hours would take the battery life to the limit, but that is using LTE and either Strava or Samsung Health.

In the past few days the battery life has crashed to become a problem. I usually got through a day and night before needing to charge each morning, including sleep tracking. Last night I gave it a charge boost up to 20% before going to bed and the battery expired sometime overnight while in sleep mode.

It did occur to me that the recent warm weather may have had an inpact, while out cycling and hill walking in the past week the watch overheated on several ocassions and rebooted itself. I have to say that although temperatures have been high, I found that pretty disappointing. It had only been 28 degrees C.

A search online today has suggested reboots or clearing the cache memory, hopefully this will help. I can update later with whatever I find...

0 Likes
vekter303
Explorer
Options

So clearing the cache has helped my battery issue.

https://youtu.be/3mvRvEsAPpE

0 Likes
Members_EliO6JP
First Poster
Options

With all of this feedback, shouldn't Samsung look into making the battery life last longer? My husband has the Samsung fit 2 and the battery life lasts for 7 days.

Wendy

0 Likes