Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Galaxy Buds right battery drains more than left

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 01:23 AM)
N7_Lydia
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've recently had a issue with my galaxy buds. The right ear bud drains significantly faster than my left bud. At the current moment for example my left ear bud is on 55% and my right ear is 25%. So this is a significant difference. They were both charged at 100% when I first started the day. 

I had a look at previous posts about battery issues of galaxy buds, that are dated from 2020 and tried the things suggested, like reset buds (I have tried twice) and turned off touch controls. But I still have the battery issue.  

My issue has only started now (well I've only really noticed) as I'm using them more. I've only had my buds for a few months (I got them free with my new 6 tab lite) but I've only just really started using them the last week or so due to having a break from my over ear headphones while travelling.

I make sure my pods charge properly in the dock and are in securely. So I don't know if maybe my pods have been faulty since the start?

Any help would be highly appreciated and if anyone has had this issue and how was it sorted? 

6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It sounds like they could be faulty, or the calibration is out, have you tried completely draining both to 0 then charging fully up? Small differences of up to 10% are fine but your case is excessive
N7_Lydia
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your reply! Yes I think that's the case. I might contact support now.

I have done that unfortunately! Hasn't helped 😞

Yeah I'm shocked at the significant difference. I wouldn't of minded if it was around 10% like you said. But when it's 30% .. something is not right.

I have turned off settings like Ambient sound and Touch controls via the wearable app, so I don't know what else could be draining the right side 🤔

I use my buds on both my S20 Ultra and Tablet. But I make sure they are only connected to one device at a time and I'm usually only out and about with my phone, so I know my buds are only connected to my phone.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I would say something is definitely wrong what buds are they? Sounds like you have done everything possible so contacting warranty would be your next step
0 Likes
N7_Lydia
Apprentice
Options
They are the first gen Galaxy Buds, but I've only had them a few months (and were definitely brand new).

I know they are a older model and the battery is not as good as the newer models out now, but I should still expect to have some sort of decent-ish battery life as they are still are over £100 to buy. I think they are great ear buds in my opinion, and the sound quality is great, just unfortunately I'm having this issue with the battery even after a short amount of time using them in a day 😞

I really appreciate your replies and help! And will get onto contacting warranty :smiling-face:

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No problem at all, I had the first gen they were brillant and I had an issue with one using more power but its about 10% different I think one headphone is like the main driver which is why it happens but again 30 is alot I hope you manage to get it sorted 🙂
0 Likes
CLF
Journeyman
Options
I have had mine coming up to two years, but my right bud has only recently started draining really fast, sometimes it is 5% and the left one is 75% - what might the solution be as I have tried all the troubleshooting suggested 🥺😏
0 Likes