Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Left earbud not working

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 06:50 AM)
Asia0712
First Poster
Options

Hello

My left ear bud completely stopped working what should I do? 

254 REPLIES 254
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options

Today I talked with the Samsung support. They said that I need to communicate with the promotion department. I wrote to them, waiting for an answer.

Promotion department answer:

Good afternoon, Thank you for your email. Your tracking number (JD00000000000) shows that the parcel was delivered on the 24.03.20. Rewards are only covered by the promotional warranty for 30 days after delivery. Please contact Samsung Technical Support or Samsung direct if need the buds fixed/need a replacement pair. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Continuation of my story:
Today, the DPD courier arrived and picked up the headphones ... while Samsung reacted very quickly!

| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
0 Likes
littleDizzy
Student
Options

This happened to me for 2 times already. And it seems the left earbud has an empty battery. What I did was leave the left earbud to the charging case and check if its charging(red light on). Then do not close the case and leave it as charging until full. If the charging case light turns to red then green upon leaving the left bud just check the pins if there are any obstruction. 

AndreaS30
Explorer
Options

Mine is doing this too 

0 Likes
AndreaS30
Explorer
Options

Did all this, still not working. They're only 3 months old & because the virus hit the weekend I bought them, have only used them once in those 3 months.

I REALLY don't want to drive to the Verizon store to get this fixed 🙄

0 Likes
AndreaS30
Explorer
Options

Same here: have reset just fine, but need both buds connected to Update. Left bud is dead to the world & right is working fine. Guess I'll have to go to the ***** Verizon store tomorrow & try to get this resolved 🙄

Praful_Menon
Apprentice
Options

Hi Guys, 

I received my galaxy buds+ yesterday (11-Jun-2020) and I had the issue of left buds not being detected in the app. I did my resesarch and found the below solution and it works like a charm. 

This problem is mainly due to uncoupling of ear buds. If you see the serial number of the both ear buds they are different. So, they are separate devices. You need to couple them to solve the issue. The non-working earbud is not coupled with the other one, hence it has 0% charge even though case has charge in it. According to samsung buds plus online manual, to couple the buds -> reset the buds via wearable app -> disconnect the buds from your phone ('Forget' the buds from your bluetooth list, so that they do not connect with the phone while coupling & 'turn off' your phone bluetooth) -> Open the case, take out the buds from the case and place them back in -> 'Tap' & ' Hold' both buds touchpads for 7 seconds or more -> The earbud battery indicator light will flash green & turn off. Now the earbuds are coupled (the earbud battery indicator light will keep flashing red when the earbuds are not coupled properly. Remove the earbuds from the case & insert them again . Then 'tap' & 'hold' both earbuds touchpads for 7 seven seconds or more.) After doing these steps my Non-working bud started showing on the wearable app & it had 0% battery. Then i let it get charged. Now its working very well. Prior to this, when i unboxed and connected the buds to my phone, the left did not show up. I observed that the Left was not charging also ( The battery indicator showed no color if i only kept LEFT buds in it, while if i only kept the Right bud the indicator would show green color as it had 90% charge) Samsung as failed to address this Trivial issue. Please don't panic upon unboxing, there may simply be no charge in one bud also. Try charging also. Thank you. Spread the word.

Thanks to Chethan M S for sharing this solution.

Aaaaaaaaaaa
Student
Options

In my case i have been using them for almost six months now and today 12/6/2020 the right one stoped connecting (has a red icon in the wearables app) and the app doesn't let me reset (because i have to connect both of them to do so). So, considering that i have been using it for so long, do you think thet may have different serial numbers?

Aaaaaaaaaaa
Student
Options
And how can I see the serial numbers?
0 Likes
stopbillgates
First Poster
Options

I have them for 5 months now, always working both perfectly; sound, microphone for calls, extra features... I have no complains at all with this good product but...

Yesterday i actualized to the last version of wearable, and today i checked that my left earbud ist just like totally dead.

I tried everything, all the steps you expose, and also trying to charge only left earbud but it seems like it is somehow blocked. I don't think that it has to do with pairing both earbuds, because the left one is totally dead, it does not do any sound or anything like the right one does even when there is no phone near. I've seen on internet that opening the earbud is easy. It  would have any sense, to open the left bud in order to restart it? Because it has not physical restart button. Maybe the problem is that somehow the last update affects a series of the left buds, because many people are having the same problem. Sending from Spain. The phone i use is Galaxy A6. Thanks.

0 Likes
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options

My story is over. It took 5 days to repair and completely replace the headphones !! Other new headphones were sent to me with a guarantee until March 2021. Like my broken ones!

| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
0 Likes