Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help ASAP - Galaxy Buds Pro - Left side of the case/charger isn't charging

(Topic created on: 26-03-2024 08:59 PM)
xSteffi99x
Apprentice
Options

So I've owned my galaxy buds pro (1st edition ones in purple) for about 3 years now...and I've never had any issues with them until recently. I've accidently thrown the case on the floor a couple of times and never had issues. A couple of weeks ago (about 4 weeks ago) the left ear bud had died even though I charge them together and I couldn't figure out why the left bud wasn't charging so I looked online and seen people say about resetting and checking software updates which I did and still nothing so I was like well what's going on here. So then I opened the case and the next thing I knew was the red light appeared indicating it was charging! I was stressing but I was glad it was working...now for my main issue once again notification that the left one was getting low battery so I put the case on charge this was last Friday (I'm writing this on Tuesday- they were charging fine without any issues) I looked on smart things and noticed that the left wasn't charging again I reset and checked software updates for the headphones and no luck so I kept taking it in and out and all it was doing was charging 1% then to 0 then back to 1% for about 5 mins before I gave up...I looked again on the Internet and found nothing to help 😢 I then removed the right bud today and used it for a bit and decided to try charging the left bud in the right section and it worked the red light appeared I've since then put the buds in the correct position and it's got the red light but once I take the right one out the light has gone I've cleaned the headphones and the case too and I don't know what else to do I seen online someone use a cleaning oil called WD 40 to clean the charger metal points but I don't wanna do that it seems to me that left side of the case/charger area doesn't wanna charge (if that makes sense) has anyone had the same sort of issue and can guide me what to do next please? If not then its time to get a new pair of headphones 😭👏🤞 

2 REPLIES 2
Rob99
Voyager
Options
It sounds like the left charging port is faulty. Using WD40 would not cause any problems and might shift some dirt that's blocking the charger, nothing to lose by trying it. If you do have to replace, I can recommend the Buds2Pro
0 Likes
xSteffi99x
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I will try with the WD40 if not I will go to a tech store and see what they say its so annoying cause I've never had issues with them and for them to last like 3 or 4 years is really good 👍 thanks for your help
0 Likes