Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce inactive alert time from 50 mins to a lesser time (may be 15 mins)

(Topic created on: 30-09-2022 01:13 PM)
Jags12
Journeyman
Options

By default, inactive alert timer seems to be only 50 mins. I do not see any options within samsung health to change it. How to do it or is there any app from playstore ? Galaxy Watch4 

8 REPLIES 8
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
You sound very active.. 😂👋
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
At the same time, don't expect much customisation options in the Health App, that's why I almost started a war with Samsung health app and asking it to be upgraded to meet the needs of the users
For example even the very basic of things, Deadlifts, there is no place to add Weight, rather Samsung rewards the "time" even a school boy knows that Deadlifts mean how much weight one can lift, unfortunately Samsung doesn't know thatScreenshot_20220929_075847_shealth_1000000457_1664434727.png
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

You can chose to have an alert for any period as long as it is for 50 mins. There are settings for changing the time of the day and the day of the week to have the alert but not for period of inactivity.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jags12: After exercising for more than 10 minutes (for running, 3 minutes) while wearing the Watch, the automatic exercise recognition feature will be activated. Also the Watch will notify you and show you some stretching motions to follow, or show you a screen encouraging you to engage in light activity when the Watch recognises inactivity for more than 50 minutes. When your Watch recognises that you are driving or sleeping, it may not notify you and not display a stretching screen although you are physically inactive.

0 Likes
Jags12
Journeyman
Options

Samsung should provide an option to modify those 50 minutes to something lesser. When we work we tend to forget and sit with the lap for long. 50 minutes is bit of too much time. Please consider  to modify it.

Stormfish
First Poster
Options

I agree. I recently got a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and imagine my disappointment to find something so basic as being able to alter the reminder time is not available. I've recently had back surgery and thought it would be a great way to stop me exceeding 20 minutes seated but alas, 50 minutes is all it can do. Come on Samsung, with all your focus on making the Galaxy watches very health focused, this is a no brainer.

Darnedifino
First Poster
Options

I agree. The only option now is to use the timer function which is tedious it you need to get up and.move every 20 or 30 minutes.

0 Likes
BINMO
Apprentice
Options

I do think it's kinda odd to not be able to change the interval. I personally, would like to stand up every 15 mins. or so, but it's funny that I can't change it.