Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect watch active 2 to 4g

(Topic created on: 15-10-2019 10:25 PM)
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I am unable to connect my watch active 2 to mobile network. Keeping getting error that mobile service is not available in my region.

133 REPLIES 133
Samantha22
Explorer
Options

@Favkb24 wrote:

@Samantha22 

I suggest you email gmanager.sec@samsung.com. tell him that the latest update did the fix the issue your  having.  It's still showing as not available in your region

Make sure you can view your  one number on Vodafone website and its showing as active

Finger cross and try again 

Thanks for this advice. I emailed earlier this morning so we'll see what happens. 

0 Likes
Samantha22
Explorer
Options

@Nominal wrote:

Well just reset my watch and connected it to a iphone and it now finds Vodafone net work but need them to re activate one number for me.

Just wounder if it's just the full reset thats needed,  anyone tried that?

I've done a couple of full resets and then tried linking to Note 10+ which didn't work. 

0 Likes
Nominal
Explorer
Options

Must need to connect with an iPhone then, Vodafone are going to call me tomorrow to reset my one number so see what happens!

0 Likes
Nominal
Explorer
Options

oh well again Vodafone said they would call me at a set time and no call!

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

@Nominal 

Vodafone will not call you. Only a few of their customer service stick to their word. If you did not received a call back request text tell you date and time they will not call you back. 

The best thing to do is cancel your one number with them. Once you get that confirmation that everything is cancelled. Set it up yourself u be connected in less than 2 hours. Once they messed up the one number set up they dont know how to fix it. They have to cancelled the account and add you again and this step u can do yourself quicker. 

0 Likes
Samantha22
Explorer
Options

@Nominal

Same here, no call back from Vodafone when agreed. 

DD20
Journeyman
Options

Spent 1 week on calls to Samsung & Vodafone daily, after many hours wasted & arguing my way to speak to senior staff, Samsung & Vodafone staff now say the Samsung Active 2 watch is not supported on the Vodafone network in the UK.., this is not mentioned on the Samsung website when one purchases the Active 2 watch.., im sure 1000's of people have spent hours wasting their valuable time like i have...., this is absolutely unacceptable, & there are laws in the UK that protect consumers against poor service, false information & faulty goods...., i will be putting in a claim against Samsung, & if anyone else wants to claim, please respond & i will pass on details....., if this post is not allowed, or taken down, ive made a copy & will also communicate to the consumer rights group that Samsung does not bother to answer anyone on the forum, but obviously monitors it?

Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

Anyone paid for their One Number yet? Vodafone just charge me £7.70 for the contract but I was told £7.

Website is also showing as £7. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/brands/samsung/samsung-galaxy-watch

I do not have the energy to talk to some stupid advisor. How much you are guys paying?

Thanks

0 Likes
Samantha22
Explorer
Options

@DD20 wrote:

Spent 1 week on calls to Samsung & Vodafone daily, after many hours wasted & arguing my way to speak to senior staff, Samsung & Vodafone staff now say the Samsung Active 2 watch is not supported on the Vodafone network in the UK.., this is not mentioned on the Samsung website when one purchases the Active 2 watch.., im sure 1000's of people have spent hours wasting their valuable time like i have...., this is absolutely unacceptable, & there are laws in the UK that protect consumers against poor service, false information & faulty goods...., i will be putting in a claim against Samsung, & if anyone else wants to claim, please respond & i will pass on details....., if this post is not allowed, or taken down, ive made a copy & will also communicate to the consumer rights group that Samsung does not bother to answer anyone on the forum, but obviously monitors it?

I too have spent many hours on the phone to both of them & I'm so sick of it. I've just rung Samsung again & spoke to tech support who read a statement that said they are working with Vodafone to resolve it. So thats different to what you've been told. I despair!

I'd be grateful if you could you give me the claim details please? 

Have you returned watch, or are you intending to? 

I've returned one originally & got a second one which I still have. 

Given that people have managed to connect it to Vodafone using the iPhone workaround the watch is able to connect to Vodafone which is why I'm hesitant about returning it. I don't have access to an iPhone but I'm hoping to next week & I'll give it a go. 

I am so angry it's been nothing but trouble from the start when they cancelled preorders so they didn't have to honour the duo wireless charger promotion. Samsung customer service is diabolical, and they certainly don't treat their UK customers fairly in comparison to other countries. 

Samantha22
Explorer
Options

@Favkb24 wrote:

Anyone paid for their One Number yet? Vodafone just charge me £7.70 for the contract but I was told £7.

Website is also showing as £7. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/brands/samsung/samsung-galaxy-watch

I do not have the energy to talk to some stupid advisor. How much you are guys paying?

Thanks

I've just checked my bill and its £9.57!!! Wth? I can't even use it! 

I am so ***** tired of this whole saga. Like you I don't have the energy to ring right now. I will wait until after I've tried the iPhone workaround.